What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

02 z28 408 huron speed v3 t6 s480

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 08:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 02 z28 408 huron speed v3 t6 s480

Hey guys, thinking about selling my project as me and my wife are expecting our 2nd kid, i have put alot of time into this car and got to meet and work with alot of great builders, its about 80-85% done im still not positive about selling it but its been a discussion me and the wife has had as i dont get the time i need to finsh it with my work schedule and the baby almost here every single nut and bolt is new, i will try to give the best info i can on a quick rundown, engine was spec. By Tony mamo and Martin smallwood and the machine shop was a local reputable lsx builder who has built alot of ls engines "more details to a buyer" I have contemplated selling it all together or parting it out as in turbo kit whole, motor whole, front suspension, body ect. just try to give me the best estimate you all can. I have receipts for everything right down to the bolts and electrical tape lol Im sure i am forgetting things but you all pretty much get it. Every seal and bolt is brand new. Car is a 02 Z28 cold side, wastegates, BOV, fans alot of parts ect. is still in the box from huron speed and other companies never even opened, receipts for all no run time on any parts!

Lq4 408 callies compstar rods and crank with billet 24x wheel 10:1 compression motor was fully ran threw and tq plate used.
Weisco 10cc pistons with upgraded wrist pins
ARP 2000 rod bolts
ARP head studs
ARP main studs
Mamo motorsports 235 NFI heads milled "have specs on recipt"
Mamo ported melling oil pump
Martin smallwood spec cam for heads and intake and turbo combo "gotta get my paper work to remember the specs"
Yella terra rocker arms
Yella terra valve cover spacers
Manton pushrods
Johnson short travel slow leak down race link bar lifters
Cometic head gasket
Moroso oil pan,
Moroso pick up tube
Ls1 windage tray clearance specs from Tony Mamo
Cloyes timing set
Elderbrock super vic intake
Elderbrock low pro elbow NOT ultra low pro
Elderbrock fuel rails
FIC 127lb e85 injectors
ICT valley cover
ICT power steering delete
NW 102 TB
Katech belt tensioner
MSD wires with new heat socks
NGK plugs
New gm water pump
New gm water pump neck
Lingenfelter 160 stat
ATI balancer
ARP balancer bolt
New gm mls exhaust manifold gaskets
Ls9 map sensor
Lingenfelter map extension/adapter
Derale pusher fan "still in box"
Header studs
Umi solid motor mounts
Everything above is brand new never ran
Square truck coils
Stock alternator, starter

Turbo kit=
Huron speed V3 t6 kit complete "hot side coated sprayed bbq high temp paint" and wrapped
Huron Speed 44mm wastegates
Huron Speed BOV's "these haven't even been released yet as there on there way per John at huron"
New dayco rad hoses ect never used or even hooked up
VS racing billet S480

Suspension=
Midwest chassis adjustable upper a arms
Midwest chassis adjustable lower a arms
Midwest chassis upper a arm mounts
Vikings double ajustable front coilovers with spanner wrenchs and bearings and traverse mounts
PA racing turbo k member
ARP 3.25 wheel studs with open end lugs
New rotors
Hawks HPS pads new in box
stock rack and pinon drained and looped "for manual rack"
New rack and pinion bushings
New Moog tie rods

Car Body
02 z28 Monterey maroon metallic T-top A4 120xxx miles on title "got to double check" clear title in my name entire under hood was stripped painted and clear coated, body is strait paint is good on the driver side, passenger side door and quarter clear is chipping could use some love, being honest here but the car wasn't being built for shows,
interior was fully stripped and went back threw cleaned any rust sanded out and painted/ patched, this thing was meant to be light and get down the road/track,
new carpet, no sound deadening, no cd, heater, ac, air bags ect. Heater/firewall block off plate, You pretty much get where this is going, hole sawed inner door panels ect anything and everything to make this car light but the wiring harness was NOT cut so could be returned to stock, cowl was trimmed to fit elbow but wipers still work fine!
Lt1 leather back seats
Ls1 style cloth front seats
Sitting on 2 c5 z06 wheels in "ruff shape" and 2 spares
Midwest chassis front and rear bumper supports "still in box"
Stock rear
also have stock drive shaft and tq arm ect
no transmission

I also have a bunch of stock stuff as well fans, radiator, suspension, coil packs ect all kinds of stuff im sure im forgetting stuff but you get it everything was top notch Tony and Martin were huge helps in this thing and the guys at Midwest chassis, BTR, TSP, Tick and Huron speed. Just looking for a estimate for the whole thing or separate suff like motor ect. Have more pics on my comp of inside of engine, parts ect. Will add pics i haven't taken any since the seats and things are back in i will upload what i have on my phone.

Last edited by King23; 03-03-2019 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:15 PM
TECH Regular

Old 03-01-2019, 09:20 PM
TECH Regular

the white on the doors is adhesive from the trim on the doors i pulled it off and hadnt cleaned it up yet
Old 03-03-2019, 08:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,432 Likes on 992 Posts

Probably a lot depends on how fast you want to sell and how much of a deal your willing to cut to move groups of parts sold together. To me it's greed for best value vs fear of being ripped off when buying on inter-web. Others probably feel that way too when spending their dollars. The price must have more appeal when an individual is selling.

The stuff that's new in the box with receipt should probably be worth 85 to 95 cents on the dollar I'd think.

The stuff that's in like new condition 75 to 85 cents on the dollar.

The engine a lot probably depends on if you sell the top end and short block separately or together. Likely close to full cost on the Tony Mamo ported items. if someone is looking for the same. The short block done by a good local but unknown shop probably 60 to 75 cents on the dollar if you have all the receipts. I would think local folks knowing the shops reputation might be more willing to pay more for the whole engine and in that case 80 to 85 cents on the dollar.

9 inch rear end ~ $2500 or so

The roller chassis probably the typical $1,200 to $1,800

Best wishes if you decide to sell or complete the project.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:17 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A
Probably a lot depends on how fast you want to sell and how much of a deal your willing to cut to move groups of parts sold together. To me it's greed for best value vs fear of being ripped off when buying on inter-web. Others probably feel that way too when spending their dollars. The price must have more appeal when an individual is selling.

The stuff that's new in the box with receipt should probably be worth 85 to 95 cents on the dollar I'd think.

The stuff that's in like new condition 75 to 85 cents on the dollar.

The engine a lot probably depends on if you sell the top end and short block separately or together. Likely close to full cost on the Tony Mamo ported items. if someone is looking for the same. The short block done by a good local but unknown shop probably 60 to 75 cents on the dollar if you have all the receipts. I would think local folks knowing the shops reputation might be more willing to pay more for the whole engine and in that case 80 to 85 cents on the dollar.

9 inch rear end ~ $2500 or so

The roller chassis probably the typical $1,200 to $1,800

Best wishes if you decide to sell or complete the project.
Thank you! I appreciate the info! So far kinda what i was thinking i haven't really added everything up just a ruff guess but was something around the ball park of
Engine complete top to bottom $13k???? Would throw in all the ac stuff stock stuff extra coils ect
Turbo kit and turbo complete $3500?? Throw in the deral fan, extra roll of hotside wrap ect
Roller $2500 with all midwest chassis suspension, viking coilovers, bumper supports 411 pcm all extra rads fans everything or just the whole front rolling cradle woth all midwest, viking parts, brakes ect for $2000??? Or just price the whole car as it sits for something like idk $17k???
like i said this is really just ball parking it as that seems roughly like a good price with me taking a loss which i know will happen its part of it as i need to sit down gather all recipts ect and see where im at if i do sell it

Last edited by King23; 03-03-2019 at 12:07 PM.