What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

98 SGM Formula

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 02:46 PM
JAG
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 98 SGM Formula

Hey guys, I’m looking at a 98 SGM Formula. It is totally stock, T-top, A4, 3.23 gears, no rust, no cracks on dash or doors...Has 90k miles, clean title, interior is perfect, and engine sounds great. Only bad is some paint peeling on the front end and a bad fog light. Below are some pics. What you all think it’s worth?

Old 03-31-2019, 03:06 PM
Launching!

Received 67 Likes on 43 Posts

$8K tops.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

This is one of those tough decisions. If it was just a used car with no special color, then the pricing would definitely be under $8k. When you find a car that you just 'must have' then I personally feel a few grand extra is worth it to get what you really want. I mean a few grand, maybe up to $10k or so, not much higher. I am impressed that there are no cracks anywhere which means the car was protected in some capacity. The engine compartment shows it needs a good detail at the very least. A good paint guy will be able to repair that hood area for $500 or so. As long as the entire car has decent paint that will 'pop' with a professional detailing, then it sounds like a cool car to own. Don't overlook all the maintenance things though, like fluid changes being needed, and of course tires which are another $500 at least. So many things can be needed, from a/c repair to new wheels. It all adds up. Do your homework and see if the car is worth it. Good luck if you go for it. I'd like to hear more if you do.