What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

What's my firebird worth?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2019 | 02:44 PM
Teching In

Default What's my firebird worth?

Wondering what my 2000 pontiac firebird formula with 139,000 miles on it is worth. Its a ls1 with a t56 car. Only thing it has done is 3.73 gears and borla catback exhaust. Has the typical firebird dash crack, slow window motors, and noise when you turn down the headlights. Never had a problem with it, as you can see it could use repainted.

Old 11-01-2019 | 12:22 PM
On The Tree

I would say somewhere in the 4500 - 5000 range due to the mileage and paint. Looks like with some work it would be a very solid car.

Good luck with it!
Old 01-31-2020 | 01:16 PM
TECH Regular

I think the realistic selling price will be a bit lower than that.

Mechanical
Indications are that its mechanically good for the most part. It will need a headlight motor rebuild soon from the sound of it. That's not a huge deal really. The window motor fixes are a pain in the ***, but pretty normal.

Exterior
The car needs paint work, but it also needs body work. The passenger side rear quarter is banged up. Paintless dent repair isn't going to take care of that. Also, there is the cost of painting said car. I don't know where the car is located, so I don't know if its a rusted out **** box underneath.

Interior
I can't see much of the interior and the pictures are too dark to really know how to value it. However, what I can see are boi racer painted accents on the passenger side door panel trim and the radio bezel. I also see scuff marks on the lower section of the door panel and otherwise normal wear for the sun visors, center console lid, and the driver seat. The boi racer accent paint is a matter of personal taste and frankly, I think it devalues the interior. If I bought that car, I'd want to replace all of that crap. It also has the dash crack and what not.

Based on what I've seen, I'd say $3,500-$4,000. The cost of getting that car reconditioned and looking really nice will be high. Someone who buys that car will need to do paint and body work, replace the dash and painted accent pieces. They will likely want to replace the sun visors and possibly the center console lid. They might want to replace that passenger side door panel as well, although I'd need better pictures to know that for sure. I am not sure if that's dirt like what we see on the driver's side door sill or if its actual marring and scuffing in the plastic. If its the latter, I'd want it replaced. Also, are the door panels cracked? That's common for those cars too.

Also, from where I sit, after market stereos are a turn off. I never know how the installation was done and more often than not, shitty is the right answer. Be that as it may, I don't see any huge red flags here. The biggest issue from what I can see is that beat up passenger side quarter panel and the paint. Everything else is pretty normal for these cars and are things that I think anyone who does their research on them will figure out quickly.

Personally? I wouldn't pay more than $3,500 for it. Not with that much mileage on the drive train and needing paint and body work. The interior doesn't look bad enough to be a huge concern, but I'd take a bit off for what does need to be done.
Old 01-31-2020 | 01:20 PM
On The Tree

3-5k.
Old 01-31-2020 | 05:47 PM
Teching In

I’d be interested if this car goes up for sale...
The following users liked this post:
Spamfritter (01-31-2020)

Quick Reply: What's my firebird worth?