What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

02 Trans am totaled in wreck. whats it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2021, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 02 Trans am totaled in wreck. whats it worth?

Hello all I come here seeking help with a simple question. My car was totaled when some one ran a red light and hit me. Insurance hasn't gotten involved but I know for a fact that the car is totaled. My issue now is I'm not entirely sure what is a fair price to settle on with the insurance company. My trans am was a 2002 model with the WS6 package and was a manual and was in good working order and generally good shape before the accident happened and had about 94 thousand to 95 thousand miles on it. i've looked around online and the number i've seen on kelly blue book is a bit over $13,000, I've also found a listing for a car that looks to be the exact same as my car right down to the paint and had 107 thousand miles and the price for it was $13,000 exactly. is that a fair price to push for when i get to the negotiation table with the insurance agents or is it too high or too low? I appreciate any advice in advance.
Old 08-26-2021, 10:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 523 Likes on 376 Posts

if the car is truly above 'average' then you are in the ball park. A bit high but still close. If average condition with some 'issues' then you are are probably looking for a settlement in the $10k - $11k area. You may have to turn down their first offer as they will try to get you to settle on the low side. Use recent photos of your car and comparative values, like you have stated here, in your negotiations with the insurance company. F-bodies have increased in value over the past year. Used car prices are up as well. This all works in your favor. This link (post #2) shows a major car magazine indicating higher prices as well. You can see what value they put on a clean Trans Am. Again, this info is another arrow in your quiver. Good luck!
https://ls1tech.com/forums/what-wort...rease-too.html
The following users liked this post:
01CamaroSSTx (08-26-2021)
Old 10-04-2021, 05:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,447 Likes on 1,005 Posts

As above plus include all of the recent repairs over the last six months stress great condition of the car. Showing receipts and photos of receipts can also help. Example $900 for new AC compressor & AC repair from July should add an additional $900 to settlement.
Old 10-10-2021, 06:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 523 Likes on 376 Posts

Hey Chowdr, how did you do? We would like to hear what happened. Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
02*C5 (10-13-2021)

Quick Reply: 02 Trans am totaled in wreck. whats it worth?