What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2002 SOM WS6 - For insurance purposes

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2022, 10:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2002 SOM WS6 - For insurance purposes

Time to move my Trans Am over from Geico to Hagerty, and they have a guaranteed value coverage. I realize prices are all over right now, but I want to give an accurate value in case something were to happen... Details below.

2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
Sunset Orange Metallic
LS1 V8 with 120k miles
T56 with MGW shifter
LS6 intake, SLP lid
American Racing LTs, off-road Y-pipe and Borla exhaust with electric cutout
Strano lowering springs
UMI adjustable panhard bar, UMI lower control arms, UMI 2-pt subframe connectors

And my audio setup which I will price at $500 since its fairly old equipment.

Interior is an 8/10, slight cracks in both door panels, no crack in dash, no rips or tears in anything.
Exterior is 7/10, front bumper has lots of rock chips, couple paint chips, driver's side door sags a bit, sail panel bubbling, wheels are showing some aging

Thanks for any input! Pics below...

2002 SOM WS6 - For insurance purposes-hfpmro9.jpg
2002 SOM WS6 - For insurance purposes-fokf1xo.jpg
2002 SOM WS6 - For insurance purposes-swohvlp.jpg
2002 SOM WS6 - For insurance purposes-ffwampl.jpg
2002 SOM WS6 - For insurance purposes-farv2ka.jpg
2002 SOM WS6 - For insurance purposes-prefh5a.jpg
Old 04-09-2022, 07:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 542 Likes on 389 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I finally was able to go with Hagerty (left Geico as well) last year as my T/A hit the 20 year age mark. I recently hit 80k miles on mine BUT it is all stock. The agent and i agreed that the car was in 'good' condition, way above average yet below an excellent very low mileage example. Hagerty has it set at $16,500 agreed value. Without looking it up I an paying in the $400 per year neighborhood. The car must be garaged and not used for work or be your primary vehicle.
With your mods, I believe they will have to be listed on the policy. Your very desirable color will also have to be considered. With your additional mileage we might be in the similar price range. If you want it insured for more, see what the agent says.
Also my rate here in NC could be quite different in NY. You'll find out. Good luck!
For photo comparisons sake, this is my 'good' condition stock 'vert taken in 2021 at a local show. Talking is one thing, seeing is another. One owner, garage kept of course.

Old 04-09-2022, 02:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

It’s a little tougher to gauge for insurance purposes, unless you evaluate it on an annual basis. What your car is worth today may be different next year in theory.

I just lost my 10,000 mile SS in a garage fire. My Insurance Co. made their first settlement offer of four figures, and I refused. I then made an excel spreadsheet showing every LS1 Camaro I could find online with mileage and asking price. I sorted them by Millage because I believed they were not recognizing the low mileage value.

I did not state what I would be willing to take, but rather provided the spreadsheet to the adjuster and requested a reevaluation of the settlement. The end result was very fair with a more accurate price I could actually replace it for.

Perhaps you could compile a similar list for yourself. Agreed upon value is a determination of what you would accept type exercise.hope that helps.
The following users liked this post:
NC01TA (04-10-2022)
Old 04-09-2022, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 173 Likes on 155 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I suppose you could ask yourself what is the car worth to me. How much would I be willing to spend to replace it.
The following users liked this post:
NC01TA (04-10-2022)
Old 04-10-2022, 09:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 542 Likes on 389 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

@wesst They offered you 4 figures??? I would have lost it.
Good for you for getting the true value. These insurance scumbags always lowball you the first time around. It's shameful.
Old 04-10-2022, 10:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 864 Likes on 660 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I have American Collectors. I set the original value at 15K. Every year they upped the value by $500. After a repaint, I upped the value by 5K. At this point the insured value is 26K.

Quick Reply: 2002 SOM WS6 - For insurance purposes