What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 roller “with SS parts”

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2023 | 09:09 AM
Launching!
15 Year Member

Default 2000 roller “with SS parts”

I’ve been looking for an SS spoiler and hood.

Dude is not willing to part out and wants to sell whole. I could use the seats and door panels in my car and the dash if it isn’t cracked. What do you think this is worth as it sits? I think 1500 is steep for a 200k mile body with rust underneath
…thanks fellas.

Old 03-16-2023 | 09:47 AM
TECH Junkie
15 Year Member

I recently read about 'rollers' and I saw them in the $2,000 range. The $1,500 may be about right but CASH in hand in his driveway talks, and maybe the seller will take less.
Good luck!
Old 03-16-2023 | 09:52 AM
TECH Veteran
5 Year Member

I think its easily worth $1500.

let me ask you this (to put in perspective) would you pay $1500 for the hood, spoiler and two doors? yes? buy it. no.... sell the wheels, rear end, suspension, interior parts, harness, T tops, hatch.... and you'll probably be into it for little to know money with a little work.
The following users liked this post:
383z (03-17-2023)
Old 03-16-2023 | 10:10 AM
Launching!
15 Year Member

the hood and spoiler are not respray and go. both need filled, sanded and worked..may even be reproduction and not true SS parts. owner did not want to investiagte to tell me if they are or are not. listed as Z28 but has SS badging all around and a good amount of rust. I think 1500 is steep and its been listed for a while. might wait it out and offer up $1000.
Old 03-16-2023 | 02:01 PM
LS1Tech Administrator
20 Year Member

It's certainly worth $1500+ in parts if those are OEM SS items, even if they need a little work (many other items look usable there, even the tail light lenses have value these days). Can't the seller provide a picture of the SPID sticker on the driver's door jamb and the vehicle's VIN to match? That would verify SS originality or not. Not much investigation there, should take all of 30 seconds.
Old 03-16-2023 | 03:15 PM
Launching!
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
It's certainly worth $1500+ in parts if those are OEM SS items, even if they need a little work (many other items look usable there, even the tail light lenses have value these days). Can't the seller provide a picture of the SPID sticker on the driver's door jamb and the vehicle's VIN to match? That would verify SS originality or not. Not much investigation there, should take all of 30 seconds.
no he wont do it which leads me to believe its not. I even told him "if these are true SS parts you have a lot of money just from the hood and spoiler"
Old 03-16-2023 | 03:46 PM
LS1Tech Administrator
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by 1998 t/a
no he wont do it which leads me to believe its not. I even told him "if these are true SS parts you have a lot of money just from the hood and spoiler"
Ah...OK then. If he flat out refuses to do something that simple to get a sale (and it's something that would be useful to the ad even if YOU didn't end up being his buyer...in other words, he'd be doing himself a favor) then he probably has no proof of originality.

Car is definitely still worth that much (more actually) in other parts, assuming those pictures of what you'd get are accurate, but only if you wanted to take the time to actually part it out (or needed a bunch of the stuff for your own car).
Old 03-16-2023 | 04:24 PM
Launching!

I see nothing saying it's an SS. It clearly says Z28 with SS parts.
A long time ago I tried to sell a car on here. It's a 2001 Z28 with all GM original SS parts to make it a clone of my real SS.
The only thing people wanted to do is **** and moan about me "thinking" it came from the factory like that. I've tried selling it over the years and right now it's a running 115,000 mile 2001 Z28 SS clone in my back yard rotting away because people can be God damned stupid as ****.

It'll rot because I'm done dealing with stupid questions about it.
Old 03-16-2023 | 04:48 PM
LS1Tech Administrator
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by LS299S10
A long time ago I tried to sell a car on here. It's a 2001 Z28 with all GM original SS parts to make it a clone of my real SS.
The only thing people wanted to do is **** and moan about me "thinking" it came from the factory like that. I've tried selling it over the years and right now it's a running 115,000 mile 2001 Z28 SS clone in my back yard rotting away because people can be God damned stupid as ****.

Well, nothing about that roller makes it valuable as a "collector" car regardless of its original trim level, all that would matter would be the value of the hood & spoiler if they are original GM pieces. The car itself is about two lifetimes beyond having any collector value, no matter if it was an original SS or not. But if it IS an original SS then it would be more likely that those parts would be original (thus more desirable to the OP for his purpose). That's really the only reason I mentioned getting a look at the SPID being potentially helpful. The car has a lot of SS content, so I could see why someone might think that the parts could be original to the car (although those wheels are not correct for a 2000), and the seller simply might not know how to properly verify if the car was an original SS (hence the cautious wording in his ad).

As for your example, I'm not sure why anyone would complain that you thought something like that, unless you somehow implied that the car was an original SS. Regardless, at 115k miles there isn't any collector value there either so even an original SS wouldn't really be worth more than the additional value of its SS parts (which, in your case, are GM originals). If it's not selling, the price is probably just too high for the market to which it appeals.
Old 03-16-2023 | 05:32 PM
Launching!
15 Year Member

im just questioning the SS parts. If you have a nice car that’s an SS clone it just may not of been priced right, can’t really speak for it.

My car is a Z28 and my goal is to get an SS STYLE spoiler and either an SS STYLE hood or Sunoco from VFN. I’m OK with reproduction parts as long as it fits nice and looks good. I’m trying to justify buying an entire car versus a hood and spoiler from a third party (full understanding it isn’t an SLP part). In my mind those being true SS parts I’m gaining future value if I decide to resell because if it’s SLP I’m putting old hood and deck back on selling the SS spoiler and hood separate LOL.

I could use the leather interior in my car as well so maybe it is a good buy.
Old 03-16-2023 | 09:13 PM
Launching!

im just questioning the SS parts. If you have a nice car that’s an SS clone it just may not of been priced right, can’t really speak for it.

My car is a Z28 and my goal is to get an SS STYLE spoiler and either an SS STYLE hood or Sunoco from VFN. I’m OK with reproduction parts as long as it fits nice and looks good. I’m trying to justify buying an entire car versus a hood and spoiler from a third party (full understanding it isn’t an SLP part). In my mind those being true SS parts I’m gaining future value if I decide to resell because if it’s SLP I’m putting old hood and deck back on selling the SS spoiler and hood separate LOL.

I could use the leather interior in my car as well so maybe it is a good buy.
Will the guy not let you go look at it?

Maybe he's a bit annoyed. Ever try selling a car?
I had a guy send his grandfather to look at the car. He just stood there clueless. That's only one example.

You need to ask the guy if YOU can come look at it. Stop asking questions and go look at it. This would **** me off to no end the people who are coming and never show up. The people that ask a million questions and never show up.

Like was said. Go with cash and look at it. 6 hours away, we'll maybe you should stop bothering the guy and move on.
Old 03-17-2023 | 12:19 AM
LS1Tech Administrator
20 Year Member

If the seller is annoyed by folks asking questions, taking a moment to make his ad more clear could be beneficial. It says "SS parts"...what does that mean? OEM SS parts? Aftermarket/Repro SS parts? Seems like a lot of folks will be curious about that given what's pictured, I'm sure the OP isn't the first one to wonder in this scenario. If the seller doesn't know, it wouldn't be hard to write "SS parts that may or may not be OEM - origin unknown". That took only a few seconds to type and could prevent a lot of repeat questions from different parties.
NC01TA (03-17-2023)
Old 03-17-2023 | 07:39 AM
Launching!
15 Year Member

Will the guy not let you go look at it?

Maybe he's a bit annoyed. Ever try selling a car?
I had a guy send his grandfather to look at the car. He just stood there clueless. That's only one example.

You need to ask the guy if YOU can come look at it. Stop asking questions and go look at it. This would **** me off to no end the people who are coming and never show up. The people that ask a million questions and never show up.

Like was said. Go with cash and look at it. 6 hours away, we'll maybe you should stop bothering the guy and move on.
didn’t mean to give you PTSD guy.

Yes I have sold a car and I’ve sent stacks of photos to people and talked to them for 15-45 minutes on the phone explaining the car and making sure they had an understanding of what they’re buying. The dude that bought my WS6 got tons of photos with close ups of problem areas and multiple pics of the door jamb to confirm-Before he drove a couple hours to get it. There is a certain level of give and take when it comes to selling and a seller that can’t do the simplest things to help their sale or in this dudes case get him MORE MONEY. Then he deserves to be annoyed by a buyer who is trying to do their homework and not get ripped off.

the car is an hour away but I don’t want to drive out there for reproduction parts and a 6/10 interior.

the car has been sitting a while on marketplace and has been cut in price, I think it may be over priced and as a buyer I’m gonna info gather as much as I need to before I burn time going out there to look at it.

again, sorry you had so much trouble as a seller and I didn’t mean to trigger you.
Old 03-17-2023 | 07:41 AM
Launching!
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
If the seller is annoyed by folks asking questions, taking a moment to make his ad more clear could be beneficial. It says "SS parts"...what does that mean? OEM SS parts? Aftermarket/Repro SS parts? Seems like a lot of folks will be curious about that given what's pictured, I'm sure the OP isn't the first one to wonder in this scenario. If the seller doesn't know, it wouldn't be hard to write "SS parts that may or may not be OEM - origin unknown". That took only a few seconds to type and could prevent a lot of repeat questions from different parties.
I agree. The unwillingness to confirm the basics of info and the fact that it’s price cut and has been sitting for sale a while leads me to believe it’s more work than someone wants and the parts are not genuine. I can get a decent interior, VFN SS replica and a replica spoiler for around that $1500 was just hoping maybe to get true SS parts to have some value with ya know what I mean.
Old 03-17-2023 | 10:50 AM
Launching!

didn’t mean to give you PTSD guy.

Yes I have sold a car and I’ve sent stacks of photos to people and talked to them for 15-45 minutes on the phone explaining the car and making sure they had an understanding of what they’re buying. The dude that bought my WS6 got tons of photos with close ups of problem areas and multiple pics of the door jamb to confirm-Before he drove a couple hours to get it. There is a certain level of give and take when it comes to selling and a seller that can’t do the simplest things to help their sale or in this dudes case get him MORE MONEY. Then he deserves to be annoyed by a buyer who is trying to do their homework and not get ripped off.

the car is an hour away but I don’t want to drive out there for reproduction parts and a 6/10 interior.

the car has been sitting a while on marketplace and has been cut in price, I think it may be over priced and as a buyer I’m gonna info gather as much as I need to before I burn time going out there to look at it.

again, sorry you had so much trouble as a seller and I didn’t mean to trigger you.
PTSD, Triggered LMAO.
YOU are the one who can't get information. What are you doing wrong?

This guy should just put in the ad that he's selling for a friend. Thats an excuse I see too often.

I sold the SS hood off my Z28 last year. The guy drove 4 hours one way to get it. Gave me cash and that was it. One picture short phone call.

I've rented trailers several times and drove more than an hour with hardly no information several times. The only time I drove back with an empty trailer was from a guy off here.

Anyway, I've got to get back on the phone with home depot, trying to buy an 8 foot 2x4 and can't find anyone to describe what one looks like. I feel your pain guy. Damn sure as hell ain't driving there to look.

I'm going to check my post on Bobthebuilder.com forum see what I need to do.
Biebs (03-17-2023)
Old 03-17-2023 | 10:57 AM
Launching!
15 Year Member

PTSD, Triggered LMAO.
YOU are the one who can't get information. What are you doing wrong?

This guy should just put in the ad that he's selling for a friend. Thats an excuse I see too often.

I sold the SS hood off my Z28 last year. The guy drove 4 hours one way to get it. Gave me cash and that was it. One picture short phone call.

I've rented trailers several times and drove more than an hour with hardly no information several times. The only time I drove back with an empty trailer was from a guy off here.

Anyway, I've got to get back on the phone with home depot, trying to buy an 8 foot 2x4 and can't find anyone to describe what one looks like. I feel your pain guy. Damn sure as hell ain't driving there to look.

I'm going to check my post on Bobthebuilder.com forum see what I need to do.
I don't know who hurt you but if you can't contribute proactively to the value of this roller, please move on.

thank you.
Old 03-17-2023 | 11:10 AM
Launching!

He's selling a rusted out piece of ****. Thats why he's putting no effort into it. Have you looked at it on a PC?
The SS letters are all crooked and the rear one is in the wrong place.
Why won't you just go look at it? You think the guy is going to be honest and descriptive about something thats going to get him MONEY? I'd trust myself over anyone else. But you go talk more **** about me.

Maybe you can send grandpa over
Old 03-17-2023 | 11:11 AM
Launching!

I don't know who hurt you but if you can't contribute proactively to the value of this roller, please move on.

thank you.
My contribution is go see it with your own eyes. Why would you trust the guy at this point?
Old 03-17-2023 | 11:16 AM
Launching!
15 Year Member

He's selling a rusted out piece of ****. Thats why he's putting no effort into it. Have you looked at it on a PC?
The SS letters are all crooked and the rear one is in the wrong place.
Why won't you just go look at it? You think the guy is going to be honest and descriptive about something thats going to get him MONEY? I'd trust myself over anyone else. But you go talk more **** about me.

Maybe you can send grandpa over
I’m starting to think you’re a retard…Again…I’m not driving out there if it’s reproduction hood and spoiler. Can you read my comments?

we’re all agreeing there are red flags on this. Not willing to confirm or deny the originality of the “SS parts” the rust etc…

I’m moving on from this car and the conversations.

maybe try a crack at selling the SS clone you have wasting away in your backyard and kindly **** outta here.
Old 03-17-2023 | 11:47 AM
Launching!

Worth $500 - That's it!!!

Quick Reply: 2000 roller “with SS parts”