What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

79 Firebird Formula w/ 468cid stroker

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 79 Firebird Formula w/ 468cid stroker

Here is the ad I am thinking about running in craigslist and what not, what do you think is a fair price based on the information I supplied?

"Up for sale is a 1979 Pontiac Firebird Formula with a recently finished 468 CID stroker engine. The block was professionally machined & assembled and produces approximately 400 horsepower and about 500 foot-pounds of torque. The engine has only been in the car for one summer and has been driven a total of 200 miles. The car is yellow, however it is not the original color of the car. It is neither perfect, nor a recent paint job so you there are chips and whatnot in the paint. The rear quarter panels may need work/replacing due to some rust. However, the body and frame are straight and for the most part clear of rust besides a few spots. This car does have the shaker hood, front and rear spoilers, and a sunroof. If you gave this car a new paintjob and emblems you would have a really nice, rather quick, driver car. The interior is in good shape, including the seats and dash and working power windows.

Engine info:
about 9:5:1 CR
The heads are 6x heads with 101cc combustion chambers. The heads have also been ported and polished.
The block has a 4.185" bore with a 4.5" stroke - bored .065 over stock.
4 angle valve job
eagle cast crank and forged h-beam rods and pistons
750cfm speed deamon carb
Roller rockers
hydraulic lifters
all new valves and springs
long tube headers
flowmaster exhaust
everything put together with ARP hardware and ARP studs

- What should I add that is missing? What would you say is a fair price?

Last edited by 76BluRay; 10-02-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:43 PM

Old 10-02-2008, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

As a craiglist ad that isnt bad at all.

If it was to go on another site such as here I would put as MUCH as information as you could into the ad. What are the specs of the motor, heads, cam and so on. What parts are still original is also a good one to put into a semi-older car.

I have no idea what to ask as far as a price though.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:52 PM

bballr4567, thanks for your input. I will include that info with the ad when I post it. Thanks again
Old 10-02-2008, 09:58 PM

Also, if you are interested in making an offer, be my guest. Feel free to email me at tonyhawk196@aol.com
Old 10-03-2008, 08:22 AM
Staging Lane

My first question would be what transmission is sitting behind that engine? Has it been worked at all? What about rear? Pictures sell a car so make it look good and throw a few in of the interior.

Quick Reply: 79 Firebird Formula w/ 468cid stroker