Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

I need some tech details on 315's

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 01:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

295's are probably a better compromise; that is what im doing next. You can get a small adapter to push the rim out a little bit w/o having all the headach of rolling the fenders and using the BFH mod. There is no "yes it will fit w/o mods" or "No it won't fit, you need to do...". Every car is different.

Besides the tire size difference between 295 and 315 is barely noticeable, you won't be able to tell unless you actually look at the sidewall to find the size; esp if you push the rim out a lil bit with a small spacer or an adapter.

Last edited by Nightrydass; 10-22-2008 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 01Z28M6
Good pics! I have what have and the rear tire looks exactly placed like yours, almost exactly even with the outside. Now, is your car slightly lowered and did you roll the rear quarters? And finally, is that a +50 offset on the rear and +56 on the front? Thanks.
Thanks.

My car is lowered with Hotchkis springs and Koni shocks. Honestly, I am not sure what the offsets are, but those sound right. Whatever TomZ sells. My fenders are not rolled, so far I don't see a need for it. I did a little BFH and I also have an adjustable PHB. Those are BFG's, which I heard are some of the widest 315's.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:54 AM
TECH Resident

Thank you for the info and pictures!

If you haven't had a tire rubbing issue then maybe I don't need to roll my quarters. Can I ask one more question; do those Hotchkis springs stiffen up the ride quality much? My vogtlands make for a pretty stiff ride.

And thanks koastie for this great thread!
Old 10-23-2008, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you for the info and pictures!

If you haven't had a tire rubbing issue then maybe I don't need to roll my quarters. Can I ask one more question; do those Hotchkis springs stiffen up the ride quality much? My vogtlands make for a pretty stiff ride.

And thanks koastie for this great thread!
No problem, glad I could help.

The Hotchkis/Koni setup is amazing. I read a lot of reviews on Koni's and aftermarket springs before I purchased them and I can tell you it's the best upgrade I've done so far. I was going to go with Strano springs but they were on backorder so I "settled" for Hotchkis. The stance is perect, the ride is great, I love them. I took the car to the track for the first time a couple weeks ago. Launching at 4K I didn't rub with my 15-275/50(?) Nitto's.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:49 PM
11 Second Club

hell i'm running 335's on 17x11 TTII's just BFH mod
Old 10-28-2008, 07:13 AM
TECH Resident

I'd love to see a few chosen pictures of those 335s from behind and along the side. A 13.2" width seems almost impossible to do without going outside the quarter. Are those the tires you used to get the car into the 11s?
Old 10-28-2008, 04:40 PM
11 Second Club

I'd love to see a few chosen pictures of those 335s from behind and along the side. A 13.2" width seems almost impossible to do without going outside the quarter. Are those the tires you used to get the car into the 11s?

ill try and post a thread up tom with a few pics i took. i just put the rims and tires on.

no i got into the 11's on 17" nittos
Old 11-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Teching In

If you're gonna get a wide rear wheel like that, check the offset. I bought the 10.5" rear corvette wheels with 315 tires. the tires arent the problem, but if the car isnt jacked up by the axle, it would hit the bump stop. i had to put on some ARP studs and .5" spacers to just barely clear the bump. my friend has the same setup on his trans am (that's where i got the idea for mine).

I'm 17 too (about to be 18)... just for some future advice... a lot of **** you're gonna buy for your car isnt going to work out the way you want it. what i mean is that you'll expect to pay a certain price for rims and tires for example, then you run into problems and you have to pay for more, such as fender rolling, longer studs and spacers, different tires if you cant make them fit, etc. Just be prepared to spend more than you're expecting...