Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Anybody tried M&H ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 11:28 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anybody tried M&H ?

Has anybody on here had experience with M&H drag radials? I am interested in a set of 275/60x15's, to use on my 6.0 powered '34 Ford street rod. Will be mostly street driven with occasional trips to local 1/8 mile drags. I have had experience with BFG's on another street rod, and they worked pretty well with 60 ft times in the high 1.60's and low 1.70's, but this car has considerably more power than the other one had. I was going to try the M/T drag radials, but they really don't look to be suitable for any extended driving, especially in the rain. The pictures I've seen of the M&H tires show a decent looking tread pattern that could work in wet weather. Just thought I might try something different. Anybody got any thoughts or input?? Ron
Old 11-28-2008, 12:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The M/T ET Street Radials work really well on the street and track and at high speeds.The M&H are good @ the track but don't last that long and they sway @ high speeds. The Hoosier Quick Time Pros work well on the street & track also but they also sway @ high speed.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:53 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by blk/slvr02ss
The M/T ET Street Radials work really well on the street and track and at high speeds.The M&H are good @ the track but don't last that long and they sway @ high speeds. The Hoosier Quick Time Pros work well on the street & track also but they also sway @ high speed.
Thanks for the reply *blk/slvr02ss*. This is the kind of info I'm looking for. Anybody else got any thing to add, especially anybody who has used them. Thanks guys!
Old 12-03-2008, 10:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had some 325/45R17's on my 17x9.5 Fikses and loved them. They were a true 28" tall tire and hooked hard!!! If you are going with a 9 inch or wider wheels I would go with the 325's and not the 275's. They run EXTREMELY narrow, worse than nittos.

I still have mine and they only have 3 passes on them. PM me if you are interested. I don't know what availability is like now, but I had to wait about 3 months to get mine.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DopdBrd
I had some 325/45R17's on my 17x9.5 Fikses and loved them. They were a true 28" tall tire and hooked hard!!! If you are going with a 9 inch or wider wheels I would go with the 325's and not the 275's. They run EXTREMELY narrow, worse than nittos.

I still have mine and they only have 3 passes on them. PM me if you are interested. I don't know what availability is like now, but I had to wait about 3 months to get mine.
Thanks for the reply *DopdBrd*. I appreciate all the info I can get. I'll have to pass on the offer though, as I just can't get 'em under the fenders. These old cars have limited width, but they do have room for a tall tire. I even thought about a 9x30 slick since I have 4.10 gears. This would work at the track but I really need something I can hammer on the street and drive to the track.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody tried M&H ?-learning-002.jpg  
Old 12-05-2008, 09:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 325/45/17s. Awesome tire. Only 10.2 tread, but they hook hard. Went 1.50 last October at the track. Dead hook (after a little warm up) @ 25 mph roll for me, too.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:00 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GMMillwright
I have the 325/45/17s. Awesome tire. Only 10.2 tread, but they hook hard. Went 1.50 last October at the track. Dead hook (after a little warm up) @ 25 mph roll for me, too.
Thanks for the input. How do they do in street driving? Do you notice any sway at speed like one of the other members noted? The pictures I have seen of them shows them to have at least some tread, which I thought might make them a little safer if I got caught in the rain. (If you ever drive a street rod to a show or track at any distance from home, you are guaranteed to get rained on.) I think It's a law or something, lol. Anyway, if you click on the pic, the street tires on the car are a little over 28" and have a section with of a little over 9" and I have some room behind them. Obviously, I could use the 325's by using the proper offset wheel where the tire just cleared the inner panel and then just let it stick out. This would probably work at the track, but I would not like it slinging tar and rocks on the street. I am going to do some measuring though just to see for sure. I like the idea of 1.50 in 60ft for sure! Thanks guys. Ron