Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

New Toyo Drag Radial

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 10:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so far these tires cold are so so on my 700WHP car

however last night i actually burned out and warmed them up and they hooked pretty good and bogged the car. feeling hte tire after the run, the compound is super sticky once its warmed up .
Old 10-01-2009, 11:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From a 35 roll I LIGHT mine up, I'll try cleaning them off and warming them up
Old 08-14-2010, 04:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anything new?
Old 08-14-2010, 04:48 PM
TECH Veteran

I like mine so so. They spin and screech when not warmed up big time on my car which is maybe doing 600rwhp or so as have boost pretty low. I have not tracked them have et street radials for when go to track ,just been streeting them. I don't think will get too many miles out of them either would hope for maybe a couple seasons at maybe 5000 miles a year but one season might be it depends of course on what one does with them.

I would likely have just run nittos again but nitto has big warnings not to run them below certain temps and I do get below those temps in spring and fall. The toyo don't have those warnings . The nittos and toyos seem to both do ok in rain with think the nittos having bit of edge in rain. I have not driven the toyos thru heavy rain.

My other option might be to run et street radials full time and just try to stay out of rain and change them likely every season. The price you pay to have a big hp power car.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:58 PM
On The Tree

I in the market for some new Drag radial for my pro charged ls7 corvette and was wondering if these toyo are a good tire to have? I'm confused on what one to buy the M and H , Mickey's, or Toyo' TQ.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:12 PM
TECH Veteran

I gave my toyo tq a workout today but just on the street on my 99TT.
I used my tazzo which is like a gtech. Track is too far from me .
Normally the toyos are not hooking really at all at my current maybe 550 rwhp low boost setting. I can spin 1st,2nd quite a bit of third and thats on a 408 not ls7.
3.54 gears.
I heated hell out of them again on unprepped street not vhted track but could only manage a 2.17 60ft.
Ran a couple quartermile runs on them bit later. Didn't heat them up as didn't seem to help on the 60fts anyway prior.
Should maybe have taken them down lower on pressure ,20psi was all I tried didn't try down to 15 as toyo says on their site..
Got 2.29 and 2.30 60fts pretty lousy considering auto. Couldn't use my two step had to launch off idle. Now my turbos spool up quick and hard so might be better on the procharger but still with the torque of a ls7 I would say pass on the toyos.
They were to be my street tire. Nittos were also useless the 555r at my power level and torque.
So would say try mt or m and h. I have set of mt street radials that will be trying shortly and may run them 24/7 street and track. They won't last long and they suck in rain but may have no choice if want any kind of hook.

Also don't think going to get much more than a year out of my toyos tq.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:45 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had these for a few months now, on the street they hook better than the nittos by far, but straight out no BS, they sucked at the track. Im adding a lil more power to the car as we speak, will take it to SAR in a few weeks and see how they react to the power change. All in all, a really good tire for someone who messes around on the street alot, but not a track tire.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:11 PM
Teching In

I have the Toyo drag radials and i have no problem pulling 1.8 60ft times with the car in sig. I run mine at the track at 18 psi and dead hook. My local track has horrible prep. The tires on the street are great they handle good and grip is good. Much better than any street tire i have ever ran. I really like them.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Teching In

I'm bumping this old thread maybe to help some of u guys out. Before I get into my time ill tell u info on my car so I can give u a better idea.

275/ 17's are the ones I had on my car.

98 formula, built 4L60E with manual valve body, pace setter long tubes w/o/r y pipe, to a magna flow single shot exhaust, cut out? Lid z06 mas, ngk tr55 plugs, msd wires,342 gear, 3500 stall tci and tune. Car without me in it was 3260lbs, I got it weighed at waste management in chicago.

293 rwhp
271 tq

I ran a 12.39 at 106 with a 1.68 60ft launching 2400 with 18psi in the tires. I know I had more time in but the trans was getting hot.

Daily/street driving

In the rain they are AMAZING I can't believe that I can drive normal. No spinning going side ways on turns. As for hooking on the street, sure with low psi and a really good burn out. But better then the nittos. The MTs are just nasty when it comes to hooking on the street.

Over all great tire, great in rain, drivability is fine, good life on them, depends on how u drive. Street hooking is so/so but track there is a huge different. Tires imo are for a daily driver that is a weekend warrior.

I use to be a nitto fan but u couldn't give me a pair now. BFG's sure that hook a lil lil lil better then the toyo's but never had a pair last 3000miles. Plus forget driving in the rain. MT's are amazing but I daily drive my car so need something to last.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Teching In

Sorry forgot to add suspension. I'm not a 6body guy just got into them come from mustangs. But I have control arms, sway bar, sub frames, and something else on the rear end pan arm bar if I'm not mistaken. I also have srop spring's from speed inc. They are a palm purple color. Btw this car still has the ls1 intake and stock t body.

Quick Reply: New Toyo Drag Radial