Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Anyone interested in Deep Dish Firehawk or WS6 factory rims?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm, got pretty quite.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:22 PM
11 Second Club

I would be all over this is if they would do 17"....Why noone is repoping the 17" OEM wheels yet amazes me...
Old 03-06-2009, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by QuickSilver
.Why noone is repoping the 17" OEM wheels yet amazes me...
IMHO when your talking $2500 for repops or $899 for a set of 4 TTII's I can see why....the money.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:47 PM
11 Second Club

$2500 for these repops not all of the,, hell i'd be happy with something the likes of "OE concepts"
They repop alot of different wheels (like the oe vette wheels and ZR1's)
very cheap. they also do the 17x11 with the correct offset for our cars.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:07 PM

Default ICONZ Group Buy List

Hello,

You need to compare apples to apples. These are not cast wheels. they are 1 piece forged. HUGE difference as far as weight and strength.....
Old 03-06-2009, 08:29 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheModCity
Hello,

You need to compare apples to apples. These are not cast wheels. they are 1 piece forged. HUGE difference as far as weight and strength.....
I understand it is a stronger lighter wheel. but at the same time why pay 2500 for a set of OE lookalike wheels. when you could get something like CCW's for about $500 more

Good luck with the wheels, hope they go over well. there just is a need for the cheap cast ones.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, it would be nice if there was an 11" WS6 wheel with like a 1" dish (and was a 17")
Old 03-07-2009, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by QuickSilver
I understand it is a stronger lighter wheel. but at the same time why pay 2500 for a set of OE lookalike wheels. when you could get something like CCW's for about $500 more

Good luck with the wheels, hope they go over well. there just is a need for the cheap cast ones.
Because these are better than CCW's and you can get any style you want, you don't have to get OE lookalikes....
Old 03-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Staging Lane

You may want to advertise on the Corvette site, I don't think people running these cars are interested in spending that kind of money on wheels. I am sure they will be nice and strong, however these cars are usually driven daily. If a pot hole is hit I couldn't imagine trying to get a replacement. I think the first post stated an "affordable wheel", this isn't in the ball park of affordable for me. Sorry, good luck with your wheels.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ws6firebirdta00
yeah, it would be nice if there was an 11" ws6 wheel with like a 1" dish (and was a 17")
yes!!
Old 03-08-2009, 01:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

I am actually trying to get hooked up with a local wheel place to make a dished WS6 wheel. I think it would look pimp! If anyone else gets something in the works before I do, hit me up
Old 03-08-2009, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Because these are better than CCW's and you can get any style you want, you don't have to get OE lookalikes....
Your reasoning for this?

Do we even have a cad design yet?
Weight?
Polished or Chrome?
If polished, is the whole wheel polished, And I mean everything from the front lip to the rear lip?

I just have a hard time believing they are better especially when thrown out there with no evidence or even reasoning.

And if your sole reason is they are cheaper, well thats not a very good one.
That just makes them a cheaper alternative, not better.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by TAEnvy
Your reasoning for this?

Do we even have a cad design yet?
Weight?
Polished or Chrome?
If polished, is the whole wheel polished, And I mean everything from the front lip to the rear lip?

I just have a hard time believing they are better especially when thrown out there with no evidence or even reasoning.

And if your sole reason is they are cheaper, well thats not a very good one.
That just makes them a cheaper alternative, not better.

The reason is simple. These are 1 piece monoblocks. not a 2 or 3 piece wheel. 1 piece forged wheels are lighter and stronger than a 2 or 3 piece.
You can get them in either polished or Chrome. Polished is much harder to upkeep though....
If everyone who wants them would come up with no more than 3 designs we can get this going and get a cad for you.
We will not get a cad until we have confirmation of orders because it is not cheap to make a cad.....

Thanks
Old 03-09-2009, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The reason is simple. These are 1 piece monoblocks. not a 2 or 3 piece wheel. 1 piece forged wheels are lighter and stronger than a 2 or 3 piece.
You can get them in either polished or Chrome. Polished is much harder to upkeep though....
If everyone who wants them would come up with no more than 3 designs we can get this going and get a cad for you.
We will not get a cad until we have confirmation of orders because it is not cheap to make a cad.....

Thanks
I think you're satisfying a need that isn't there. It originally started as CHEAP OE replacements with a lip. You're offering QUALITY OE replacements with a lip.

If you are starting from scratch and designing a wheel for fbodies, at that price range go for a better look. Something along the lines of what CCW 505a or HRE 545's or Fikse FM10/FM5's at a $500-$1000 cheaper price would generate a lot of business. It'd also really help build your brand name in the fbody world to along the lines of HRE/Fikse/CCW/iForged. I've been looking for forged wheels that are cheaper than CCW's for quite a while.

Lighter OE wheels with a lip for +$2000 more isn't going to sell enough IMO.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks
Id personally prefer a multi piece wheel.

So when it gets bent all I need is a new barrel or a new face or whatever
Old 03-09-2009, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

sorry but you can get a set of ccw's which is a one piece the (sp500) for $2600 for the set y would i want to buy knock offs for $100 cheaper.

thats the price they have on there site im sure i could get them cheaper from a distributer. im not trying to knock you, just trying to give people info and keep the options open. this is what a forum is for after all.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:21 PM
TECH Regular

yea this sounds nice they have some nice rims on their site too bad prices are not listed
Old 03-09-2009, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Trojan35
I think you're satisfying a need that isn't there. It originally started as CHEAP OE replacements with a lip. You're offering QUALITY OE replacements with a lip.

If you are starting from scratch and designing a wheel for fbodies, at that price range go for a better look. Something along the lines of what CCW 505a or HRE 545's or Fikse FM10/FM5's at a $500-$1000 cheaper price would generate a lot of business. It'd also really help build your brand name in the fbody world to along the lines of HRE/Fikse/CCW/iForged. I've been looking for forged wheels that are cheaper than CCW's for quite a while.

Lighter OE wheels with a lip for +$2000 more isn't going to sell enough IMO.
You can any design you want, the members on this forum are the ones who asked for the OE knock off's....

Tell us exactly what your looking for so we can help you out.

p.s. Please don't compare ICONZ with iForged. Compare ICONZ to HRE...
Old 03-10-2009, 04:37 PM

Default ICONZ Group Buy List

all PM's replied.

Thank you
Old 03-11-2009, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can any design you want, the members on this forum are the ones who asked for the OE knock off's....

Tell us exactly what your looking for so we can help you out.

p.s. Please don't compare ICONZ with iForged. Compare ICONZ to HRE...
Oh so your telling me these new ICONZ wheel will bend if you look at them wrong.

Quick Reply: Anyone interested in Deep Dish Firehawk or WS6 factory rims?