Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

$%^&%& bent rim!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $%^&%& bent rim!!

well i JUST got my tt2's put on the car and not even a week later my car manages to find the biggest pot hole in north carolina. it was night time and i didnt even see it. i bent the front one just on the lip. its not very bad and its only the lip of the wheel. i have driven slowly on a smooth surface and dont notice any abnormal bouncing or vibrating or anything.. so is this dangerous to drive on? the tire hasnt lost any air. the bend maybe 2 inches long the lip and MAYBE an 1/8th inch in if even that.. sorry no pictures to post. dangerous or not
Old 02-11-2009, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you can take it to any tire shop and have them break the bead and use a tool to straighten it back out, if done right you wont ever notice.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by shtnfrds
you can take it to any tire shop and have them break the bead and use a tool to straighten it back out, if done right you wont ever notice.
it's not that easy with aluminum. if you just try to bend it back with a "dogbone" tool for straightening wheels that any tire shop is gonna have, you'll more than likely crack the wheel, or chew it up an make it look worse than it already is.

take it to a tire shop and have them check it to make sure it's going to hold air for ya, and also that you didn't hurt the tire, BUT don't just go to any tire shop and let them try to straighten that wheel. take it to someone that actually does wheel straightening. trust me, i'm a service manager for a tire/service center and you don't want just some random tire guy trying it with your wheel because the end result most likely won't be pretty.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if it's like he says and not that bad. you can use the dog bone tool with no issue.
They used it on mine and it looked just fine. no problems at all. post a pic of the bend, i'm sure that its an easy fix.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:14 PM
On The Tree

i'm not sure how to post pictures on here.. lol