Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Not LS but I need wheels for my 85 Silverado

Old 03-31-2009, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not LS but I need wheels for my 85 Silverado

I need some help picking out a set of wheels and tires for my old Silverado. It's going to the paint shop in the next week or so to get a new white paintjob and a spray in bedliner so I need a nice set of wheels to set it off. I want to stay with some 15x8's but with a larger tire to fill the fenders up plus to give the truck more traction and better handling. It's a 2wd LWB fleetside. I don't want any really expensive wheels but if you guys know of some wheels that look great on these trucks let me know. Oh, and what is the biggest tire size I can run without rubbing?
Attached Thumbnails Not LS but I need wheels for my 85 Silverado-truck-pic.jpg  
Old 03-31-2009, 03:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There's a local guy around here with an 85 long bed, lowered on i think 16" TTII's. My uncle had a 70's stepside, with a radical chop top, lowered, and had 15" Cragars all around. That thing was an instant hot rod. I would stay with something old school like these, or even camaro and vette rally wheels look great on these.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:33 PM
On The Tree

I was looking at some classic II's but yeah something along the line of a cragar would be a good option but I wish I could find a picture of a truck like mine with them on there to be sure. This isn't like my camaro where I see tons of sweet cars on here with different types of wheels to choose from. Thanks man, I'll check out the cragars and see what I can find.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

I was looking at these too, not too fancy for a truck that will be used to work but look good on the street as well. Opinions?
Attached Thumbnails Not LS but I need wheels for my 85 Silverado-crr-3155712.jpg  
Old 03-31-2009, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm bored at work so i did some cardomain browsing for ya.
Some Convo-Pros

Old School Cragars

15" TTII's, can be had for pretty cheap as well

The Camaro/Vette Rally's (my favorite)

And the cheap insert brand here wheels, which still look good on these trucks.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:40 AM
On The Tree

Man I love those Corvette Rally's, I think either those or the Torq Thrust are about the best looking wheels. Thanks for posting those pictures, man I looked around online for a while trying to find some pics but I was looking in all the wrong places. I'm going to look into the vette wheels and see what I can find.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Not LS but I need wheels for my 85 Silverado