Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks
View Poll Results: Best looking wheels on TA's!!
C6 wheels (17 and 18's)
39.29%
C5 wheels (probably 17 and 18's)
5.36%
C5 Z06 wheels
27.68%
ZR1's
27.68%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Best looking wheels on TA's!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The good news is that Trans Ams are becoming more and more extinct so it's hard to consider wheels "played out" when you hardly ever seen TA's on the road. At least I don't.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I NEVER see ta's on the road.. only v6 firebirds and v6 camaros. As far as mustangs.. LOL thats another story
Old 04-15-2009, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mystic-t/a
Or how about something you dont look at and go "Blah" and somethin that isn't PLAYED OUT! I ****** hate my C5 Z06 wheels cuz everyone got them after a while... nothin like seein every other dude with a Fbody with the same rims as you... CCWs and Fikses are dope... BUT... there are still quite a few guys with them... not taking anything away from those wheels cuz they still aren't played out, but still too many people have them for me to justify spending $4K+ on rims... my .02 cents on rims for fbodies
The ccw/ fikse wheels are really not too played out considering the amount of people that have them compared to the amount of people with Fbodys. I agree not everyone wants or needs to spend 3k on wheels n tires but when you have a set of C6 wheels and a badass car it doesnt go when the same car different color rolls up on ya with the same wheels. Now thats an awkward moment. I dont think ive seen another ta with ccw's in SA. I think theres 1 white one and maybe a couple of vettes, supras and a mustang GT.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:10 AM
formerly mystic-t/a (changed 02/05/2013)

Originally Posted by 6']['9
The ccw/ fikse wheels are really not too played out considering the amount of people that have them compared to the amount of people with Fbodys. I agree not everyone wants or needs to spend 3k on wheels n tires but when you have a set of C6 wheels and a badass car it doesnt go when the same car different color rolls up on ya with the same wheels. Now thats an awkward moment. I dont think ive seen another ta with ccw's in SA. I think theres 1 white one and maybe a couple of vettes, supras and a mustang GT.
Ya, I wouldn't say they are played out... like I said in my post, they aren't played out, but quite a few people have them.. and I'm mainly talking about the fbody boards. And yes, it sucks when the dude next to you has the same rims... which is what I was tryin to say about the replica rims... thats why I got rid of my Z06s... looked good but damn, I didn't go a day without seeing another Fbody on my same rims! That made me hate them! I'm runnin ghetto painted stockers right now (till I find a good set of rims) and I actually like them better. haha!
Old 04-16-2009, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not a fan of any of the rims you posted.... TT II fan here.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Honestly, neither of them. Keep your stock wheels. Everyone has some Z06 or another, its so annoying opening up the wheels and tires pages just to get 80% of the entire first page filled with either TT II's, cheap z06 wheels or something of that nature.....
Old 04-17-2009, 05:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya'll sound like a bunch of women...

ooh-emmm-geee...she's wearing the same dress as I am to the prom!!!

j/k, I actually wouldn't be EMBARRASSED that someone has the same wheels but if I had a choice in the matter I like to be original.

HO Z28 with white stripes and 19's. If you see it in my town, 99.9% it's me or the guy who stole it out of my garage.

Last edited by gun4hire; 04-17-2009 at 05:41 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-17-2009, 12:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gun4hire
but if I had a choice in the matter I like to be original.
Thats the goal
Old 04-17-2009, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

ooh-emmm-geee...she's wearing the same dress as I am to the prom!!!
yup that would be embarrasing.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:53 PM
10 Second Club

Bogart D10s
Old 04-18-2009, 03:07 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All those wheels look good on T/A's. What's with this "None Of Them" bullshit? So you guys are saying if a guy has C6 or C5 rims then his car is ugly? No Way.

As far as "Everybody Has Them" excuse; how many times a day do you see another T/A who has the with the same wheels you do? My guess is that it's not that frequently. I have NEVER seen a T/A with C6 wheels or TT2's prowling the streets on a Daily/Semi-Daily/Semi-Weekly basis.

It was posted before, It's is just like a chick standing in a corner in a nightclub bitching about how another girl has the same dress. This Rim **** Is Not That Effin' Serious. You Can't Even See The Damn Things When You Drive. You see them 1) When You Get In Your Car 2) When You Get Out. And I'ma Pay 3 Stacks Just For That? Heeelllllll No.

I'm ranting I know..but I've Had A Grueling Week and I'm Exfoliating.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr CHI
All those wheels look good on T/A's. What's with this "None Of Them" bullshit? So you guys are saying if a guy has C6 or C5 rims then his car is ugly? No Way.

As far as "Everybody Has Them" excuse; how many times a day do you see another T/A who has the with the same wheels you do? My guess is that it's not that frequently. I have NEVER seen a T/A with C6 wheels or TT2's prowling the streets on a Daily/Semi-Daily/Semi-Weekly basis.

It was posted before, It's is just like a chick standing in a corner in a nightclub bitching about how another girl has the same dress. This Rim **** Is Not That Effin' Serious. You Can't Even See The Damn Things When You Drive. You see them 1) When You Get In Your Car 2) When You Get Out. And I'ma Pay 3 Stacks Just For That? Heeelllllll No.

I'm ranting I know..but I've Had A Grueling Week and I'm Exfoliating.
What the hell are you talking about, open your eyes up a lil bit. Hit the back button after reading this and take a look at how many "C5/C6/Z06/TT2s" threads there are. Yes, your right about not seeing T/A's on a daily/semi daily/semy weekly basis around you localy. BUT-if you were to do a survey on this forum and ask everyone who has aftermarket wheels of any kind, check and see how many of them fall in the category listed above.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

better yet, go to a local Fbody meet or car show once in awhile and you'll see those wheels all the time.

C5, C6, ZR1's, even TT2's...when you see them that much, it gets to seem like the cars came from the factory like that. If that's ok with you then go for it... IF you are trying to stand out you gotta go with something different. That's all anyone is saying.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:54 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ROH RT wheels or a member here has Axis Hiro's on his TA. they are by far the best style rim for TA's that are not c5/c6 or TT II/TT M rims...

as for all the vette wheels on f-bodies, i agree over played, and especially ugly when done black w/the polished lip. how can anyone think those look good? they look absolutely horrible. its likes getting a hot chick naked cause you want to do her, but wont cause she has a hairy bush. you get hung up on the one thing that's the deal breaker. that's exactly what c5/c5 rims black w/polished rim are to a TA, it ruins the entire package...

as for people saying they have never seen c5/c6 rims on any other f-body, that's crap. see them all the time, like a dime a dozen. yawn...

i find it hard to believe the only time 'these' people have ever seen c5/c6 rims is only here on tech and never on the road, at GTG's, or car shows...
Old 04-18-2009, 01:50 PM
10 Second Club

With the exception of the ZR1, all of the Corvette stuff doesn't match well with the car at all.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Idk...

If were going with ya'lls logic. i dont think there is anything we can do to our cars.

Who doesnt have a H/C/N stock block
or a
402 with a D1SC or Icon TT kit.
or a
454 LS7

I think on here everything seems overplayed.

I know of like 40 people on here that have LS7 T/As

so should i not do it? it not original

I guess i should just put a 327 with camelback heads in my car, thats original but everyone would still make fun of me.

As far as wheels, what are ya supposed to do? leave the stock wheels? NOW thats original

CCW's? I know ALOT of people on here with 505A's on there car...

:end sarcastic rant:

BTW... Im currently trying to figure out what to put on my car. Im gonna tub my car and id like to fit 345's on the back with it lowered.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

99.9% it's me or the guy who stole it out of my garage.
That's funny...but that's how I found my rims after they were stolen. I bought them from the Importer and was the first to mount them on an F-Body locally. Found them on a Camaro. I'll spare you the rest!
Old 04-19-2009, 01:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DriftR
That's funny...but that's how I found my rims after they were stolen. I bought them from the Importer and was the first to mount them on an F-Body locally. Found them on a Camaro. I'll spare you the rest!
Hope you ripped the dude a new one after you found em lol
Old 04-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Restricted User

I have to agree that worrying about who has what is stupid. Also, asking for opinions on this forum is stupid too. It's impossible to get true good advice here. I'll save you the time and just list exactly the advice you'll get on any aspect of your car on this site.

Internal engine: You need the biggest cam this earth has ever seen and AFR heads. Everything else sucks

External engine: You need Kooks or ARH headers with x-pipe true duals, and don't ever port your MAF or TB. Everything else sucks.

PCM & Tuning: You need to get EFI Live. Everything else sucks.

Suspension: You need Konis and Strano everything else. Otherwise your car won't really "handle".

Wheels: You need 19x9.5/19x11 iForged wheels. Everything else is overplayed.

Appearance and detailing: You need a Porter Cable PC7424. Everything else sucks.

That is the disadvantage to this site. There is very little originality left here. Everyone just goes with the crowd on mods and anyone who tries anything truly original is ridiculed for doing so.

I personally seek out the threads that show originality. Some of the greatest ideas that came out of this site have come from guys like 6LE, McNord, and that guy with the bright green and bright orange LT1s (can't remember his name)...and they were largely ridiculed or scoffed at when they revealed their ideas. I don't like all of their stuff, but they were/are innovators and I commend them for that.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:14 PM
TECH Regular

Personally, I don't like the C6 wheels AT ALL.

Quick Reply: Best looking wheels on TA's!!!