Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks
View Poll Results: Best looking wheels on TA's!!
C6 wheels (17 and 18's)
39.29%
C5 wheels (probably 17 and 18's)
5.36%
C5 Z06 wheels
27.68%
ZR1's
27.68%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Best looking wheels on TA's!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 11:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kny3twalker
Do you have pictures of them mounted on the 94 T/A?
No unfortunately. I'd like to put them on my car for a good laugh if I had the opportunity.

Originally Posted by SLawson86
if they actually made them, honestly id have to buy them for the laughs
I agree.

If I ever find a set for sale cheap enough, I'll but them no matter the size and put them on something. Hell, I'd buy a beater just to be able to bolt on a set of teddy bear wheels. Ronal USA went out of business last year and these wheels have been discontinued for years so I'm not holding my breathe.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
None of the above
Lol good call, You have a TA not a Corvette, Y limit your choices to Corvette rims?? How original, Y don't you go with some hre's or ccw's or something else, Don't be like everyone else,I personally wld never let any stock rim off of a car that isin't even the same manufacturer as the car I own touch my car. Save up some money and get something else.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by krobinson123
Really? Because my car came with 16" snowflakes!
Hahahahah
Old 05-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
I very much like the stock WS6 wheels (98-00 models)...I just wish they were 1" bigger.
don't we all wish it was just 1" bigger?
Old 05-13-2009, 01:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to agree that worrying about who has what is stupid. Also, asking for opinions on this forum is stupid too. It's impossible to get true good advice here. I'll save you the time and just list exactly the advice you'll get on any aspect of your car on this site.

Internal engine: You need the biggest cam this earth has ever seen and AFR heads. Everything else sucks

External engine: You need Kooks or ARH headers with x-pipe true duals, and don't ever port your MAF or TB. Everything else sucks.

PCM & Tuning: You need to get EFI Live. Everything else sucks.

Suspension: You need Konis and Strano everything else. Otherwise your car won't really "handle".

Wheels: You need 19x9.5/19x11 iForged wheels. Everything else is overplayed.

Appearance and detailing: You need a Porter Cable PC7424. Everything else sucks.

That is the disadvantage to this site. There is very little originality left here. Everyone just goes with the crowd on mods and anyone who tries anything truly original is ridiculed for doing so.

I personally seek out the threads that show originality. Some of the greatest ideas that came out of this site have come from guys like 6LE, McNord, and that guy with the bright green and bright orange LT1s (can't remember his name)...and they were largely ridiculed or scoffed at when they revealed their ideas. I don't like all of their stuff, but they were/are innovators and I commend them for that.
Sad, but so true.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn! Blackbird hit the nail on the head....I do wish I had some Konis and I-forged though
Old 05-13-2009, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CobraKllr_99
don't we all wish it was just 1" bigger?
my girlfriend says it's perfect...... then sighs loudly... that's good, right????

i tend to agree with the none crowd, look around, ROH Fury or Snyper. photoshop helps get some idea if it'll look good.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

TTM's look great on TA's and they are not the same as TT2's that everyone has. .... just a thought.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by colby72olds
Not my first of choice, but what I have:

[IMG][/IMG]
i have seen this car going down the road many times, and the wheels look really good
Old 05-17-2009, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Don't care what anyone says
Those C6's on that white TA are freakn sweet.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

My friend bought these for my car before I bought it from his employer. I haven't seen any on cars around here. Hot Wheels 68's; I believe they were made by KMC.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I may be a little biased, but of the ones listed I say C6's!

Old 02-24-2010, 04:19 PM
On The Tree

I have to agree that worrying about who has what is stupid. Also, asking for opinions on this forum is stupid too. It's impossible to get true good advice here. I'll save you the time and just list exactly the advice you'll get on any aspect of your car on this site.

Internal engine: You need the biggest cam this earth has ever seen and AFR heads. Everything else sucks

External engine: You need Kooks or ARH headers with x-pipe true duals, and don't ever port your MAF or TB. Everything else sucks.

PCM & Tuning: You need to get EFI Live. Everything else sucks.

Suspension: You need Konis and Strano everything else. Otherwise your car won't really "handle".

Wheels: You need 19x9.5/19x11 iForged wheels. Everything else is overplayed.

Appearance and detailing: You need a Porter Cable PC7424. Everything else sucks.

That is the disadvantage to this site. There is very little originality left here. Everyone just goes with the crowd on mods and anyone who tries anything truly original is ridiculed for doing so.

I personally seek out the threads that show originality. Some of the greatest ideas that came out of this site have come from guys like 6LE, McNord, and that guy with the bright green and bright orange LT1s (can't remember his name)...and they were largely ridiculed or scoffed at when they revealed their ideas. I don't like all of their stuff, but they were/are innovators and I commend them for that.
First off... I know I know... drag up an old thread. Downside to a working "search" function..

Second...in response to the quote above..Damn straight.. 1000% agreed. There is good advice here...but some is NOT gospel like some would lead you to believe. ESPECIALLY when it comes down to personal preference like choosing wheels. This world would get pretty damn boring if we all did the same thing.

Third in response to the OP. Pretty much all those wheels look good. "Played out" can be interpreted different ways. Probably overdone if you drive to a Super Chevy show or an LS1tech get together..but in most small towns your lucky to see an FBody with the same wheels.
Even when I see any of the above wheels I think they look far and above stock TA wheels

Fourth.. Spending a fortune on wheels isnt feasible to some..including me. If I save up that kind of money .. wheels are the last thing on my mind. Making the damn thing faster is the first thing on my mind. Cam/heads/headers/exhaust etc etc. If you have ran out of **** to do and have money to throw at things... Then maybe 4k on wheels would be feasible

End rant

Last edited by veddersbetter; 02-24-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Greg Pippin
I like the new style ZR1's
Yeah, I have to agree. Sorry
Old 02-24-2010, 06:30 PM
On The Tree

biased,
but i do want a set of slicks and skinnies and i wanna up to 19 x 12 in the back with a 325 tire.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:44 PM
TECH Regular

pic in sig of OEM size all black C6 wheels on my LT1

Quick Reply: Best looking wheels on TA's!!!