Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

firestone stripped my lug nut

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default firestone stripped my lug nut

i had work done on it in october and haven't touched the car since. i went to do some work on it today and the lug nut won't spin...well it will, but it won't come off or get much tighter. you can look at it and it's on at an angle. what do i do and what kind of damage has been done?

i called firestone and they said bring it in tomorrow, but these guys i got in it with in october because they put a tire on my car that they didn't say they would and i made them order me the one i wanted instead. so they know i was the guy that made them go out of their way now, because they don't think they told me one thing and did another, etc.

i just don't know if they're going to see this through. besides what proof do they have i haven't taken the lug nut off since and i screwed it up? i can assure you guys i didn't but that doesn't mean a lot right now.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:42 PM
11 Second Club

its such a cheap part and so easy to replace that im sure if you raise enough hell they will just fix it. Super easy to do yourself also i might add if you don't mind spending like 5 bucks on parts.

I had a similar thing happen: I had taken my old truck to a goodyear shop to have a tire replaced and like 3 or 4 months later i was backing into my driveway and the wheel FELL OFF the truck! I had it towed there after i put it back on, told them i wanted the studs replaced and what not. They just checked everything out and said it was all fine.

Later I found out some people I knew had worked there and they said if i had been persistant at all goodyear would have done whatever I wanted them to do. So take that for what its worth.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:43 PM
Launching!

i would push the limit on this because they screw people over all the time with **** like this! my buddy took his car there and when he got it back the front passenger tire almost came all the way off because they didn't take the time to check if all the lugs were tight! poor craftsmanship IMO!
Old 04-20-2009, 10:43 PM
12 Second Club

a ntb did that **** on my old 98 gtp and i went and made them fix it. raise hell and they will fix it.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I work for Firestone and unfortunately this happens every once in a while...just raise hell like they said and they will take care of it 100%
Old 04-21-2009, 09:43 AM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i see this all the time and it always cracks me up how the last person unfortunate enought to touch the car gets blamed for it. 99% of the time there was already a problem and it just ran its course to where it can no longer be used. im sure they will cover it but imo its damn hard to screw a lug nut/ stud up that bad touching it one time if something wasnt already wrong with it.