Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

stay with 17" or go to bogart 15"

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009 | 06:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default stay with 17" or go to bogart 15"

my dilemma is this.should i stick with my tt2 17" wheels and run the mt 275 drag radial.or buy some 15 x 10 bogarts and run a bigger mt drag radial.Car is 383ci ls1 with s91 turbo behind 4l80.little over 900rwhp.I know there have to be a few people that have run 17" rims and still ran some good times.would just like to hear opinions on this
Old 05-24-2009 | 08:01 PM
10 Second Club

go with the bogarts because the fact you can get a bigger tire and the weight difference between the two wheels
Old 05-24-2009 | 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just wondering if all the extra money spent on rims would be worth the better time it would get with the bogarts
Old 05-24-2009 | 10:42 PM
FormerVendor

The main consideration is do you want drag wheels or do you want street wheels.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Our Bogart drag wheels should drop easily drop 2 tenths in the quarter mile. They will provide you with more consistent track times and better launches. Everything you'd want out of a drag configuration.

What they will not provide for you as with any drag wheel setup handling and normal driving characteristics.

So it should come down to your goals. Personally, when you're going to race at any event street or strip, our drag wheels will provide you with the best results hands down.

Keep the street wheels for everyday cruising and corner carving so you don't lose the fun-factor of zipping around corners etc.

Is it worth it? Sure it is…when you can drop 2 tenths and NOT increase engine stress via supercharging or nitrous…it’s worth it. Some people forget about weight reduction modifications and only want high-hp applications on a heavy setup. This combination is stressful to the driveline and other components.

HP is important but don’t overlook hp to weight ratios!

If you've got 921rwhp, I have no idea how you're planting that on the ground with 17" wheels. My car is ~850hp the only reason why I have 17x11's and 9.5's is so I can semi corner the thing. Before I installed the th400, with the 17's, with my M6, 1st 2nd and 3rd gears were pretty much useless.