Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Billet Spec Street Lites lugs/tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 01:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Billet Spec Street Lites lugs/tires

I ordered a set of street lites, 15x10 7.5bs (fbody spec), and 15x4 1.625 bs...I understand these need a shank style lug nut, from what I can tell I need 12mm x 3/4" shank for the fronts (stock studs) and 1/2" x 3/4" shank for the rears (1/2" studs) open style, correct?

Do I need a spacer upfront or just grind? I'm finding people saying both, or is it up to me? I don't care if I have to grind.

Planning to run a 28x10.5 stiff sidewall MT out back, what does everyone run on the front, I'm looking at either Moroso DS-2s or the MT sportsman...or something really cool that I don't even know about
Old 07-24-2009, 02:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by dmart
I ordered a set of street lites, 15x10 7.5bs (fbody spec), and 15x4 1.625 bs...I understand these need a shank style lug nut, from what I can tell I need 12mm x 3/4" shank for the fronts (stock studs) and 1/2" x 3/4" shank for the rears (1/2" studs) open style, correct?

Do I need a spacer upfront or just grind? I'm finding people saying both, or is it up to me? I don't care if I have to grind.

Planning to run a 28x10.5 stiff sidewall MT out back, what does everyone run on the front, I'm looking at either Moroso DS-2s or the MT sportsman...or something really cool that I don't even know about
You are correct on the lugs. I ordered the exact same thing with my BS Streetlites as I also have 12mm front studs and 1/2" rear studs. I didn't want to grind my front calipers because they are powder coated so I opted to run a 1/4" spacer on the front. As far as tires go, I'm also running 28x10.5 stiffwall ET Drags and I have MT 26x6.00-15 S/R radial fronts and I have absolutely no issuses on the street or at the track. Here are some pics of my setup.

Last edited by DTB_LS1; 12-07-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:41 PM
11 Second Club

Thank you! Exactly the info I was looking for...Did you roll your fenders? Anything you had to do to make them fit?

Almost forgot, are you running tubes?

Last edited by dmart; 07-24-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:54 PM
10 Second Club

Thank you! Exactly the info I was looking for...Did you roll your fenders? Anything you had to do to make them fit?

Almost forgot, are you running tubes?
Yes, I am running tubes and I also put wheel screws in. I already had the fenders rolled but I also had to trim the bumper cover and the metal bracket that is behind it, I cut the bottom front of the wheel well at a 45 degree angle, and I also had to adjust my lower control arms to get the wheel/tires centered correctly so they didn't rub. You also might have to do a BFH mod to the inner wheel wells so the insides of the tires don't rub. At first I was a little nervous about cutting up my car but it turned out perfect. You can't even tell the wheel wells have been modified unless your really looking hard. If I get some free time I'll take some pics of where I cut the wheel wells.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:59 PM
11 Second Club

I figured I'd have to cut and BFH, but I dont want to roll my fenders (dont have the tools etc). Any reason you are running screws?
Old 07-25-2009, 06:46 AM
10 Second Club

I figured I'd have to cut and BFH, but I dont want to roll my fenders (dont have the tools etc). Any reason you are running screws?
I have screws because I'm running tubes and I don't want the tire to spin on the rim and sheer off a valve stem on a tube.