Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

where to put new pair of snow tires.......

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 12:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default where to put new pair of snow tires.......

Okay, I ran the same four snow tires on my car the past two winters and the ones that were on the back last winter got destroyed and the ones that were on the front are at like half tread depth. They have worn to the point that is suppose to show reduced snow and ice traction. I can't decide which pair (that pair, or the two brand new pair) to put on the front or the back. Whatever I put on the back will help me go while the ones on front will help me to turn/stop. Where would you put the ones with the most grip....front or back??
Old 11-21-2003, 12:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Buy two more so you have them all the way around. Seriously.
Old 11-21-2003, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

new tires on your rear. If you are contimplating doin two snows, and two regulars...DONT.
Old 11-21-2003, 04:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Todd@DiscountTireDirect
new tires on your rear. If you are contimplating doin two snows, and two regulars...DONT.
No, I know better than to try that I am just hoping we don't get any kind of snow here before I go back home since I have summer tires and drag radials on now. I was thinking I would put them on the back....I just can't afford any more tires at this point I am a poor college student who shouldn't ask his parents for the money b/c they swore awhile back they'd never give me any money for tires when my car smelled of burnt rubber . I will just have to go very slow when there is actually snow on the ground.