Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

15x10 6.5" or 7.5" BS?? pics would help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 06:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Camaro396
I never understand you. You're the only one I ever see on the 6.5 backspace team whenever there is an arguement against it. Can you just explain WHY? I mean 6.5 or 7.5 shouldn't even be a question. If dude is going to buy brand new wheels why would you suggest 6.5? So he is limited to tire choices? So everyone thinks he lives in a trailer park when they see his car cruising around? I don't get it. Come to the darkside. 7.5 is where it's at.
agreed 6.5 will stick out, its called math.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:16 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here are my 15x10 Billet Specialties(F-body specific) 7.5 backspacing. The tires are 27x11.5 Hoosier QTPs
Attached Thumbnails 15x10 6.5" or 7.5" BS?? pics would help.-l_12ef462a59c24037a4b206d3dcc1333e.jpg  
Old 08-29-2009, 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never understand you. You're the only one I ever see on the 6.5 backspace team whenever there is an arguement against it. Can you just explain WHY? I mean 6.5 or 7.5 shouldn't even be a question. If dude is going to buy brand new wheels why would you suggest 6.5? So he is limited to tire choices? So everyone thinks he lives in a trailer park when they see his car cruising around? I don't get it. Come to the darkside. 7.5 is where it's at.
Calm down ya fuzzy little man peach. He asked if they will fit. And guess what, they do. They may stick out a bit further than a 7.5 but they will fit. Hell, when I first got drag rims I was told I bought a 15x10 with a 7.5 when really they were a 6.5" BS. I almost cried myself to sleep, because I was like, damn, now I can't be like Camaro396, my IDOL.

Then after a bit of researching and this new concept called math (it's where you use numbers in problems and not just after your screen name) I figured out that the 6.5" BS would in fact work.

Did they stick out a little further than the 7.5" BS? YES.
Did they fit without any major modification? YES.
Are you limited to tire sizes? YES.

But ya know what, they worked. Would a 7.5" BS be the smarter way to go? YES. But what if he came across a killer deal on some 6.5" BS and wanted to use them for now? Hell, go ahead and do it. I have ran both 6.5 and 7.5" BS wheels and the 7.5's took a helluva lot more pounding on my inside fender to get the 325/50's to work. But to get the 6.5's to work with that same tire I had to roll the crap out of my fender lip.

Both wheels have their drawbacks. The 6.5's do look better on a Firebird or TA because they have wider fenders. But they will work fine on Camaro's as long as you are willing to be limited to your tire size.

I'm not trying to swing him either way. If he has the money then I would suggest to go ahead and buy brand new wheels with a 7.5" BS. But if he wants to save some and buy a set of 6.5's that I saw in the for sale section dirt cheap, then go ahead and do it.

Maybe I should have been clearer, but I believe I answered the OP's original question and gave him a little insight on what he may want. Sorry for trying to help a fellow Techy.

So after saying that, step down off that pedestal you pride yourself on so much and come back to earth. The guy asked for an opinion and I gave him one. Sorry if it wasn't to your liking.

Last edited by DopdBrd; 08-29-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BADD SS
agreed 6.5 will stick out, its called math.
And if you do the math, they work.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DopdBrd
And if you do the math, they work.
HAHA, so would a 5.5, 3.5, 4.5, but guess what, they will all stick out, just like your 6.5.

youre wrong on this one....

I think im going to go with a 1.5" backspace and run them with 25.2" tires at stock ride height, because they WILL fit, just look like a hick's wet dream.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:32 PM
TECH Addict

HAHA, so would a 5.5, 3.5, 4.5, but guess what, they will all stick out, just like your 6.5.

youre wrong on this one....

I think im going to go with a 1.5" backspace and run them with 25.2" tires at stock ride height, because they WILL fit, just look like a hick's wet dream.
Wow. I've never read a more idiotic post. I'm not even gonna argue with you man. What's that saying.....never argue with an idiot because they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:50 PM
10 Second Club

Wow. I've never read a more idiotic post. I'm not even gonna argue with you man. What's that saying.....never argue with an idiot because they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
The only idiot in this whole thread is you. 6.5" backspace STICK OUT!!!!! A whell with a 1 inch backspace would FIT too, but the wheel would stick out a lot, Im poking fun at you that is all.

Im an idiot, youre right. I only BUILT my whole suspension, car, rear end, rollbar, design torque arms, and fabricate **** for lots of other people.....

Do you not realize that 6.5" backspace on a 10" rim looks like ****, even on a trans am? even in your pic, the rim flange is outside the wheel well, but you have very narrow tires, stick a bigger tire on it, and it gets alot worse. Are you trying to tell me a 5.5" backspace rim will not "physically" fit now? It will, and it will stick out, just like your 6.5" rims.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Calm down ya fuzzy little man peach. He asked if they will fit. And guess what, they do. They may stick out a bit further than a 7.5 but they will fit. Hell, when I first got drag rims I was told I bought a 15x10 with a 7.5 when really they were a 6.5" BS. I almost cried myself to sleep, because I was like, damn, now I can't be like Camaro396, my IDOL.

Then after a bit of researching and this new concept called math (it's where you use numbers in problems and not just after your screen name) I figured out that the 6.5" BS would in fact work.

Did they stick out a little further than the 7.5" BS? YES.
Did they fit without any major modification? YES.
Are you limited to tire sizes? YES.

But ya know what, they worked. Would a 7.5" BS be the smarter way to go? YES. But what if he came across a killer deal on some 6.5" BS and wanted to use them for now? Hell, go ahead and do it. I have ran both 6.5 and 7.5" BS wheels and the 7.5's took a helluva lot more pounding on my inside fender to get the 325/50's to work. But to get the 6.5's to work with that same tire I had to roll the crap out of my fender lip.

Both wheels have their drawbacks. The 6.5's do look better on a Firebird or TA because they have wider fenders. But they will work fine on Camaro's as long as you are willing to be limited to your tire size.

I'm not trying to swing him either way. If he has the money then I would suggest to go ahead and buy brand new wheels with a 7.5" BS. But if he wants to save some and buy a set of 6.5's that I saw in the for sale section dirt cheap, then go ahead and do it.

Maybe I should have been clearer, but I believe I answered the OP's original question and gave him a little insight on what he may want. Sorry for trying to help a fellow Techy.

So after saying that, step down off that pedestal you pride yourself on so much and come back to earth. The guy asked for an opinion and I gave him one. Sorry if it wasn't to your liking.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:15 PM
TECH Addict

The only idiot in this whole thread is you. 6.5" backspace STICK OUT!!!!! A whell with a 1 inch backspace would FIT too, but the wheel would stick out a lot, Im poking fun at you that is all.
I think you meant "wheel". And yes, a 1" BS wheel would fit. But it wouldn't work. A 6.5" BS will fit and it WILL WORK! Crazy concept huh? I know your poking fun, but making a dumb post saying "so will a 4.5" BS, 5.5" BS and so on" will fit is illegitimate considering the OP asked if the 6.5 would work and I told him yes. Sorry, maybe I'm just not being clear enough for you guys. Next time I'll draw it out in Crayon.

Im an idiot, youre right. I only BUILT my whole suspension, car, rear end, rollbar, design torque arms, and fabricate **** for lots of other people.....
I've seen lots of idiots build stuff. But if you do then good for you man. Always good to know someone good in fabricating when you need something specific. But, what does this have to do with anything?

Do you not realize that 6.5" backspace on a 10" rim looks like ****, even on a trans am? even in your pic, the rim flange is outside the wheel well, but you have very narrow tires, stick a bigger tire on it, and it gets alot worse. Are you trying to tell me a 5.5" backspace rim will not "physically" fit now? It will, and it will stick out, just like your 6.5" rims.
Looks are all in the eye of the beholder. I think my fiancee is beautiful, some others may not. But it's what I like so I don't care what others say. You and Camaro396 are both getting your panties in a bunch over OPINIONS! So the wheel sticks out an inch. I've seen guys with wheels that stick out so bad, half the tread is exposed past the fender.

Do I think it looks like ****? Yes. Do they? No.

I never said a 5.5" BS wouldn't physically fit. Of course it will. But will it work? NO. Even with a 26" tall tire, you would hit the fender by running over a pebble.

And yes, stick a bigger tire on a 6.5" BS and it will make it worse. I think I pointed that out in my first post. You are very limited to your sizes because anything larger than a 26" tall tire and you will start hitting body parts.

I'll tell ya what, go tell everyone with TTII's that their wheels are wrong and the BS is not right. You would be telling that to over half the people on this board. Or better yet, stick a 28x12.50 tire on a 17x11 TTII and tell me if it hits.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:16 PM
TECH Addict

HAHA that is awesome man. I LOL'd when I saw it. Good pic.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:40 PM
9 Second Club

the vid in my sig is on 15x10 with 6.5bs and MT et drags 28x10.5
Old 08-29-2009, 11:48 PM
11 Second Club

the OP asked if the 6.5 would work and I told him yes. Sorry, maybe I'm just not being clear enough for you guys. Next time I'll draw it out in Crayon.
He didn't ask if it would fit, he asked which of the two backspaces is correct. And considering the fact that the 6.5 WILL stick out as you (and everyone else) have established, I would say the 7.5 is correct. And given the pictures provided, I'm sure he can make his own decision at this point.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:55 PM
TECH Addict

I'm sorry, but where in this....

Originally Posted by 01SOMZ28
I'm wanting to get some 15x10 wheels but i want to know what b.s. to get. I've been told 6.5 and/or 7.5 backspace. I'd like to know some thoughts and maybe see some pics of each to help make my decision.
does he asks which one is correct?

He asked for opinions (thoughts) and pictures. I provided both. K thnx bai
Old 08-30-2009, 12:05 AM
11 Second Club

Ok so he didn't specifically ask which one is correct, but he doesn't specifically ask if the 6.5 will fit either. Other than finding a hell of a deal though, why would you recommend the 6.5's? Either way he has been provided with enough opinions and pics, he should be able to make a decision now. BTW, your first post summed it up pretty well, should have just left it at that.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The reason why i asked the original question is because i found some brand new weld drag stars for $95 each and they're 6.5" BS. I like the looks of them a lot and i want to buy them but i wasn't sure on the BS.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:59 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
Ok so he didn't specifically ask which one is correct, but he doesn't specifically ask if the 6.5 will fit either. Other than finding a hell of a deal though, why would you recommend the 6.5's? Either way he has been provided with enough opinions and pics, he should be able to make a decision now. BTW, your first post summed it up pretty well, should have just left it at that.
I did. Others decided to jump in and start bandwagoning against me because they have it drilled into their head that a 7.5 is the only wheel that will work. Kind of like what you are doing now.

The reason why i asked the original question is because i found some brand new weld drag stars for $95 each and they're 6.5" BS. I like the looks of them a lot and i want to buy them but i wasn't sure on the BS.
Exactly my point. My second set of 6.5" BS were greg welds, but we all know what happened with those. Then my 3rd set I think I paid 150 for both rear wheels. And they were Prostars. It is easy to find a deal on the 6.5's because people sell them cheap since they "don't work"
Old 08-30-2009, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

Talking ''the american dream ''

I have a brand new set of 15-10-15; drag;lites;with a 7.5 b/s..

And all the lugs; an caps; if ''interest it'' at;;
a good price....... P/m ''chknhwk''
Old 08-30-2009, 04:54 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chknhwk01

Old 08-31-2009, 12:06 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chknhwk01

um what?? I think you said something about 15x10 wheels for sale or something haha
Old 08-31-2009, 08:42 AM
TECH Addict

um what?? I think you said something about 15x10 wheels for sale or something haha
Either that guy isn't from America or was tripping out on some really REALLY good drugs. LOL

Quick Reply: 15x10 6.5" or 7.5" BS?? pics would help.