Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

(NEWBIE) What tire to run on a 15"x4" drag wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weight wasnt even an issue...I never really paid attention to the weight. I was just looking for a tire that will compliment the rear tires well, and able to be driven on the street with no worries. At first, the cost didnt matter to me on the fronts, but then when everyone started telling me to save the money and just buy some cheap VW tires, that started to stick. But then when Steve pointed out some things, I'd rather spend a little extra money and have no worries. The reason I had asked for Steve's opinion is because his perspective was totally different from everyone else's. Im not going against anyone's suggestions, I just wanted to hear what Steve suggests. Sorry for any confusion. Thanks
Old 12-18-2003, 08:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to bring this up again...but to those that mentioned the MT Sportsmans, is the weight based on cars that weigh 3000 lbs. total, or that the tires themselves are rated at 3000 lbs. each. Reason being, is that my car may be around 3500 lbs., however, that weight is not on each tire/corner. Im going to put up the extra money and go with them, but I just have to decide on which ply. Will there be any ride difference between the 4 and 8 ply? If so, how much? Thanks everyone for all your help, I really appreciate it.
Old 12-18-2003, 12:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

Dude , get the vw tires. You are not going to be driving fast on the street with et streets on back any ways so dont worry about that. At the track you are not going fast long enough to get the tires to hot either. I have never heard of any one having problems with the vw tire being not safe for what you are doing.