Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Stock snowflake wheels stolen!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 04:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Anniversary "Z"
Insurance isn't going to do squat for a $200 claim, the deductible is probably much higher.

Now if your uncle is living in a half million dollar trailer ( sorry had to) then I'm sure he could rectify his own error and buy the wheels from you.
if you diinsurance i wouldnt say two i would say replacement value. abour 450- 500 a rim please 200 a tire.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol if you uncle lives in a 560k dollar house he cant give you 200 bucks for his mistake?
Old 09-21-2009, 04:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lt1badbird
lol if you uncle lives in a 560k dollar house he cant give you 200 bucks for his mistake?

Good point!!

BTW, "snowflake" wheels were "OE" on '77-'81 Firebirds. What wheels are you talking about?
Old 09-21-2009, 05:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lt1badbird
Not to say it couldnt happen but I have a hard time believing a $200 set of snowflakes would get stolen in a 560k house neighborhood.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wg871
Not to say it couldnt happen but I have a hard time believing a $200 set of snowflakes would get stolen in a 560k house neighborhood.
A $560k home circa 2001-1005 is now worth roughly half that in some areas. It really wouldn't surprise me. My boss lives in a similar neighborhood that's had issues with break ins and items stolen from open garages. Many neighborhoods aren't very close knit.

I'm sure everyone's heard of the stories where neighbors failed to lift a finger while a woman was being stabbed to death (plug it into a search engine...there are numerous accounts of that happening). Many people wouldn't lift a finger to help someone. Hell...I wouldn't be surprised if one of his uncle's neighbors saw someone take the wheels and didn't say a word about it.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by leadfoot4

BTW, "snowflake" wheels were "OE" on '77-'81 Firebirds. What wheels are you talking about?
The actual term I believe is "5 spoke split."

If they were chrome then he could have gotten some cash for them. If they were painted then you pretty much can't give them away, unless they had decent tires on them. They're like the LS1 version of "salad shooters" in that respect.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:09 PM
TECH Regular

they are ugly *** stock wheels .
Old 09-22-2009, 07:58 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1994formulalt1
Yup. I'd have left them out there without a chain. lol.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
if you diinsurance i wouldnt say two i would say replacement value. abour 450- 500 a rim please 200 a tire.
This is what I was wondering I had them for sale for $200 but since they were stolen if I filed an insurance claim wouldn't they do replacement value of the wheels.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1994formulalt1
Don't hate, they is beautiful. I can get you a set if you want, just shoot me a PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

Watch craigslist to see if they put them for sale.. if so then go drop the hammer
Old 09-22-2009, 05:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, that sucks. Seriously though, if you leave them in the FRONT yard, there's not much else to expect. But like said, watch craigslist and ebay i guess.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:04 PM
Staging Lane

You ask a stupid question and then you get mad at the responses you get...
Will you get your wheels back??? No, it is called KARMA
Old 09-23-2009, 10:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My question was about if there is anything that can be done about it like if it was worth putting a claim under his homeowners insurance or not, not the fact that they were chained to a tree in the front yard. Like stated earlier they were in an upper class neighborhood shouldn't have been done the way it was but I had no knowledge of this being done. My uncle has since given me some money, not what I was hoping but some. My question was whether or not I would get more money to replace them than the price I was selling them for and if I would make out after paying the deductible. I still don't see that as a stupid question if I could make a profit by submitting it I would. People post useless **** on here all the time if you don't have useful information then **** off everyone is so quick to criticize another person on this site but then when they want to know something themselves look for everyone else on this site for help.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1FASTZ28
My question was about if there is anything that can be done about it like if it was worth putting a claim under his homeowners insurance or not, not the fact that they were chained to a tree in the front yard. Like stated earlier they were in an upper class neighborhood shouldn't have been done the way it was but I had no knowledge of this being done. My uncle has since given me some money, not what I was hoping but some. My question was whether or not I would get more money to replace them than the price I was selling them for and if I would make out after paying the deductible. I still don't see that as a stupid question if I could make a profit by submitting it I would. People post useless **** on here all the time if you don't have useful information then **** off everyone is so quick to criticize another person on this site but then when they want to know something themselves look for everyone else on this site for help.

If he wasn't a cheap bastard, he'd take care of this for you. Seriously...I have to wonder about a family member that wouldn't try to make things right after doing something that stupid.

That's just being greedy, in my opinion. If you want to call an insurance company and with a straight face tell them that you want full replacement cost for the 10 year old wheels/tires that you were trying to sell for $200...be my guest. Claims like this would be why insurance premiums go up for the average person.

Would it make sense for him to file a claim against his homeowners insurance? No. That wouldn't look good for him if he ever had to file a REAL claim for damage to his home.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The reason I said homeowners is that I have been told that it is the only way a claim can be made since they were not on my car. As for the claim I would not expect retail value because of the fact that they were 10 years old but I do feel that I should be either given what I was asking for when my uncle offered to sell them or he should put a claim on his homeowners insurance. It was his **** up I just feel like I should be getting more that what he offered me for them. Like I said earlier they would be wheels I could use for something else if I had them here.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

His deductible will be higher than what the wheels are worth. And he didn't even own them in the first place so it's probably a moot point. His liability coverage may cover it if he is found to be negligent, resulting in your loss, but it's not a good claim and probably not worth dealing with. Your homeowner/renter policy probably would cover 10% of the personal property limit for property stored off the premises but again, not worth filing a theft claim over.
If you had phrased your question as one concerning insurance (you did not initially do so) then this thread would have probably become less stupid.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I stumbled on this thread, friggin hilarious! Thanks OP.

I had a neighbor put a couch in his yard with a sign that read "Free" Nobody wanted it. So after a week he put a sign on the couch that read "For Sale $20". Someone stole it that night..
Old 09-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SSpeedracer
I stumbled on this thread, friggin hilarious! Thanks OP.

I had a neighbor put a couch in his yard with a sign that read "Free" Nobody wanted it. So after a week he put a sign on the couch that read "For Sale $20". Someone stole it that night..
That's good $hit right there.