Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Any reason not to add wheel spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 07:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DriftR
From what I was told the max thickness "spacer" that is safe to use is 5/16", more than that puts excess leverage on the studs and they can break.
The ones that bolt on to the hubs are called "adapters". They need to be thick enough to clear your stock studs (1.25" without any grinding). These are safe up to 2". They are the same as bolting on a wheel with a more positive offset. Your wheels would then bolt to them.
I have 1" "adapters", and they bolt directly to my existing lug studs (although I had to grind about 1/2" off each of them in order for the hubcentric adapter to fit).

Personally, I wouldn't have done anything other than a hubcentric adapter, and nothing more than 1".
Old 04-08-2010, 10:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksnake
Where did you get the 20mm adapter if you don't mind me asking?
H&R has them, part number 4085704

Or motorsport-tech.com has them (note to mods - there are no vendors custom making wheel adapters, I'm not taking business away), as they make fully custom spacers and adapters. Be sure to order lug nuts from them though, they don't come by default like the H&R's do.

I'm actually using 2 of each on my car, front and rear.
Old 01-15-2021, 01:26 AM

If it is not necessary to add the wheel spacers, you can choose not to add them. I added the Bonoss wheel spacers to make the tire are flush with the fender, just to look good.
Old 01-15-2021, 02:56 AM

There is no need to run the wheel spacers, if you don't like them. but I run the wheel spacers on my car, it's beautiful, here is the brand I got. www.bonoss.com
Old 02-07-2021, 06:30 AM

If you get the wheel hub-centric wheel spacers, and you also need to install the extended wheel bolts to ensure safety.

Quick Reply: Any reason not to add wheel spacers?