Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Black Friday at OE Wheels = Free....

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 11:48 AM
LS1Tech Platinum Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will you please call us back with the item number where you found the discounted price so we can get you what you need?
Old 11-27-2009, 11:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a giant thing posted but I will make it short and sweet.

WHY should a business uphold a sale when it was not going on when he called?

Do you really think any of the other sponsors here would uphold a sale like the Black Friday sale when you ordered 2-3 days beforehand?

You people are silly.

BTW donohue: It helps to work with the sales rep...
Old 11-27-2009, 11:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
Well I called a little bit ago, they're willing to throw in free lugs. But the price is more than they sell for on ebay. Not worth it to me.
whered you get your info,,,thats not what I was told.... I just ordered today (BFriday)... at the same price as ebay if not it was very close within a few dollars.
I found so far there service and communication great and I am looking forward to the wheels.... i didnt think free lugs at 1st was a suber great bargin... but sence they are the cheapest anywere on ebay and I really want the wheels, why not, ill take the deal.

And honestly if i ordered them a few days ago i wouldnt of expected to get a deal what was offered afterwards...thats just not how it works...it sucks mind you but deals pop up all the time from anything you buy...thats life... if the wheels i bought today go on clearance tomorow for 300bucks off then there's nothing I can do about it. why be mad at the company,,, who knows even if the workers knew about a sale that was to happen few days later??

also ppl dont get confused....
Midnight02- didnt say when he ordered the wheels???
It was WS-6_2002 who said 2 days ago witch was the day that lance announced the black friday sale.... so in my opinion thats too long ago to get the deal...it a one day only thing not 4 days before also???
Old 11-27-2009, 12:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Well it seems to me that they bought them a few days ago and ASKED if there was anyway to make a deal, and OEwheels responded back with ... "no, this is our rock bottom price". When obviously they had wiggle room. Although I wouldn't be upset, I'd be bothered by the fact that if they would have been upfront with me, I could have waited and got some free black lugs.

And OE wheels... The black ZR1s sell for $480shipped on ebay. Scott quoted me $52X.60 when I called. I'm going to assume that is with insurance though. Either way, thats still ~$30 higher than ebay. So it seems that I'm pretty much paying for me "free" lugs.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Parasoth
I had a giant thing posted but I will make it short and sweet.

WHY should a business uphold a sale when it was not going on when he called?

Do you really think any of the other sponsors here would uphold a sale like the Black Friday sale when you ordered 2-3 days beforehand?

You people are silly.

BTW donohue: It helps to work with the sales rep...
Some stores honor previous purchases to help initiate purchases. Such as best buy. If I buy something, knowing if it sells for a cheaper price in the next 2 wks, I'll get a partial refund. Then I'm more likely to buy that product. Now I'm not saying OE wheels should do this. I really don't think they should honor any type of deal if there was not a sell going on at that time UNLESS the buyer asked if there was going to be anytime of sale, and was told no.

I hope all that made sense.

By the way, although I havent graduated yet. I have a semester left until I finish my Marketing degree. I think I understand sales quite well, but I've spoken with OE wheels a few times, and they've always been firm on their prices even if I bring up the fact that ebay has cheaper prices. So I didn't feel as though today was going to be any different. I've owned some of their wheels in the past, but have yet to buy a set since they have became a sponsor on here. I just never liked the fact that we didn't get a better deal than ebay.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Guys, I appreciate your opinions -- we all have ours and I shared mine earlier. For the record, I understand what Black Friday is and I'm not a freaking moron!

I ordered wheels a week ago. I've ordered from these guys several times in the past and was always able to work something out on the deal. Honestly, I had great customer service from them in those instances.

When I called a week ago to place my order I got the whole price higher than ebay deal and they corrected it when I gave them an item number. I also asked for them to throw in free lugs (which was just what they did for my prior orders) and I got the whole "rock bottom prices" story and they explained that they were unable to offer any special discounting for LS1TECH members. Just struck me as a bit odd that a few days later that they NOW offer a special deal for LS1TECH members.

Just my humble $.02.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:23 PM
12 Second Club

Do you guys ship to an APO address?

Last edited by Asian LSX; 11-27-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is sweet. I just wish I could sell my TTMs with brand new tires..

I was looking at the C6 wheels
Old 11-27-2009, 12:34 PM
TECH Junkie

^^ I PMed you yesterday man.

How much do you want shipped to 78666.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Lance i sent you a PM!
Old 11-27-2009, 12:43 PM
LS1Tech Platinum Sponsor

Well it seems to me that they bought them a few days ago and ASKED if there was anyway to make a deal, and OEwheels responded back with ... "no, this is our rock bottom price". When obviously they had wiggle room. Although I wouldn't be upset, I'd be bothered by the fact that if they would have been upfront with me, I could have waited and got some free black lugs.

And OE wheels... The black ZR1s sell for $480shipped on ebay. Scott quoted me $52X.60 when I called. I'm going to assume that is with insurance though. Either way, thats still ~$30 higher than ebay. So it seems that I'm pretty much paying for me "free" lugs.

This is Scott and i quoted you for some zr1 wheels earlier as you mentioned.
If you have the ebay item number of the wheels that you are looking for we will gladly honor that price.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:07 PM
TECH Junkie

380180954061, Let me know what you can do.

Also, kind of random. But do you guys have access to 275/40/17 Riken Raptors? If so, how much more would it cost to have 1 mounted/balanced/shipped on ONE of the front wheels. I know its kind of an odd request. But I have a spare in the garage that I'd end up using for the other front.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:23 PM
LS1Tech Platinum Sponsor

380180954061, Let me know what you can do.

Also, kind of random. But do you guys have access to 275/40/17 Riken Raptors? If so, how much more would it cost to have 1 mounted/balanced/shipped on ONE of the front wheels. I know its kind of an odd request. But I have a spare in the garage that I'd end up using for the other front.
just the wheels shipped is $489.60
wheels and one tire shipped is $650.87
Old 11-27-2009, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you guys know that I spoke with Lance and had a nice conversation. The reality is that the LS1TECH crew is an important focus of their business and they're working hard to take care of us.

Thanks again -- the wheels do look sharp!
Old 11-27-2009, 01:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by OEWheelsLance
just the wheels shipped is $489.60
wheels and one tire shipped is $650.87
Alright, and does that $489.60 price include free black lugs? Is there a lock for those lugs?
Old 11-27-2009, 01:28 PM
12 Second Club

Just ordered my black ZR1's from oe wheels !! Got them at the ebay price and free lug nuts . So far ,,Im happy
Old 11-27-2009, 02:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just ordered (1) ZR1 silver w/machined lip! but to bad the black friday deal is only on a set of wheels. But they were very friendly and it was easy doing business with you guys!

the only downfall is that i called about a week ago or so to price the wheel and i was told it was $178 shipped. About 2 months ago i was also quoted $154 shipped...but today it cost me $184?!?!? I just don't understand why that is.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:34 PM
TECH Junkie

^^Maybe manufacturing costs/shipping costs changing? Or maybe they're still trying to figure out what the best price is to sell their wheels. I do agree that their prices don't seem to be consisitent.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ I PMed you yesterday man.

How much do you want shipped to 78666.
Yes I got your PM. Before I do anything I am doing ym research on the 18s..

Thanks
Old 11-27-2009, 04:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

also you guys forget theres like soo many variables when priceing?? width is a big one... i see alot of good deals on wheels and tires on there sites but check out the width there sometimes the unpopular ones... thats why they are discounted i bet. and also price is effected by if they have overstock or not right.

If they are the best price around then how can anyone expect a better deal then the ebay price. Pretty much every companys web site is a tad higher then there listings on ebay.

Midnight02- as for your situation.... god knows, it might have been you that gave them the idea for the free lug promotion for black friday... kinda seems like you may of put the bug in their ear. So really maybe I should thanks to you! either way oewheels do have good customer service by everything ive read and experianced!!

Quick Reply: Black Friday at OE Wheels = Free....