Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Got my Race stars on.. pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 07:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Black FormulaLs1
right click save as...those wheels are some of the best i have seen for an F body and they are pretty damn affordable for wheels !!!!

btw clean *** SS you got there now too...

Took the spring isolators off...
Old 02-09-2010, 07:54 AM
TECH Resident

Mine came in yesterday!! I am extremely frickin excited to get them mounted Thursday and on the car - will also take pics so ppl can see 15x10's
Old 02-09-2010, 04:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by sujomatt
Mine came in yesterday!! I am extremely frickin excited to get them mounted Thursday and on the car - will also take pics so ppl can see 15x10's

can you let me know or take pics of what you had or have to do to get the 325/50/15's to fit in the rear? i already have tires im just waiting to get paid to buy the wheels. im thinking billit specialties tho.

what do you have done to your suspension? stock height?

my car is lowered with strano springs i had 315/35/17's in the back and only had to hammer a tiny bit and already have the bumpstops ground back.. hopefully i wont have to do much more...
Old 02-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 94BlueZ28
3"long in rear and front, that is hellified long in my opinion. I measured them tonight from the front of the axles to the end and they are around 1.25" long. I know i'm not needing that long, I would like another thread or 3 to catch, not bottoms out the lug nut and have a tire that flops around! I was thinking around 2.25 to 2.5 tops! I would figure that would measuee me in at about what 1.34 to 2" on the axle front side. Hell I dont know! I know that a lug nut can only screw on around and inch and then you have the rim which is what a 1/2 to 3/4" so that would leave me needing about 1.75 from the front of the axles to the end. I don't know, so I was thinking I'm going to call race industries tomorrow and ask someone that deals with these kind of things. Apparently i cant get a deffinant answer here this time!
Just went out and test fit a 10" rear Racestar. I have 3" studs and stock brakes and they sit about flush with the end of the shank lugnuts. They stick out really far through the street wheels and conical seat lugs though.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ws6ed
Just went out and test fit a 10" rear Racestar. I have 3" studs and stock brakes and they sit about flush with the end of the shank lugnuts. They stick out really far through the street wheels and conical seat lugs though.
I spoke with racestar industries earlier today and they told me that it is just fine with the stock studs unless your running HIGH HP motor's, I'm not sure if 400hp constitutes high hp #'s all though if I throw that 150 shot on there than maybe I should get them. Is it really as easy as tapping them out with a hamer and then use some washers and a lug nut to suck them back in/seat them. Seems fairly simple although I think if I went 3" I would damn near doubling the size that I have now. Maybe 2.25 to 2.5 tops, I measured last night and it measures from the front axle side right at 1.25", it can be but
1/4" more to the very back. I still want to be able to run my ZR1's on the street as well, so what is the most i could get and run them? Anything longer will be better at this point!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:49 PM
TECH Resident

I'm retarded, I didn't even realize in the 1st picture that the lugs where open ended! That's what comes with the wheel's???? **** I may just buy some close ended lugs or use my ZR1 lugs. I was really lost with the 3" studs with closed ended lugs because in my mind, you would never tighten the rim fully! My Bad, I feel like a jack ***! I still think I would like to get 1/2" longer studs just so I can get a few more turns on the closed ended lugs.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:04 PM
TECH Regular

I'm retarded, I didn't even realize in the 1st picture that the lugs where open ended! That's what comes with the wheel's???? **** I may just buy some close ended lugs or use my ZR1 lugs. I was really lost with the 3" studs with closed ended lugs because in my mind, you would never tighten the rim fully! My Bad, I feel like a jack ***! I still think I would like to get 1/2" longer studs just so I can get a few more turns on the closed ended lugs.
I figured if I ever put in longer wheel studs I'd already have the lugs for it. I have stock studs.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:10 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah that's a good thought as well. So the rims do come with the open ended lugs?????? Like I said, racestar industries said to me directly that it would be fine to run them although I'm not sure like the other guys said about track inspections. The do look amazing though and I'm hoping to have my order placed by the end of this week. My taxes F***ing better be here, even though they are down to a single 15X10 rear wheel left. They will have the other shipment by next week from what they had told me.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:03 PM
11 Second Club

The lugs from your ZR1s won't work. They have a conical seat, and the lugs for the race stars are shank style. You might not like the look of it, but the longer studs are required to get through tech at many tracks, obviously some are worse than others, and the faster you go, the more they will scrutinize these things.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:50 PM
TECH Resident

Ohhhhh, well **** I have yet to run my car on the strip and I have owened it 10 years now so I don't know all the regulations. I want to be able to run both wheels regardless if I have a wild hair up my *** to change so apparently I need to buy a different set of lug nuts for the race stars that will accomadate both my race stars and ZR1's. Anyone have an idea what to go with????? Thanks steve
Old 02-10-2010, 03:05 AM
TECH Regular

love those wheels
Old 02-10-2010, 07:38 AM
TECH Regular

Ohhhhh, well **** I have yet to run my car on the strip and I have owened it 10 years now so I don't know all the regulations. I want to be able to run both wheels regardless if I have a wild hair up my *** to change so apparently I need to buy a different set of lug nuts for the race stars that will accomadate both my race stars and ZR1's. Anyone have an idea what to go with????? Thanks steve
The lugs and valve stems were included in the price. You need a shank style as it needs to fit perfectly in the centered washer they supply with the wheels so you have the correct bolt pattern.

With all these wheels they've sold since I posted this thread I think race star industries needs to give me a kickback on all the sales!!
Old 02-10-2010, 08:21 AM
11 Second Club

These wheels look great and I havent seen any that I would want that could compete with that price. Is there any grinding with a 10" wheel?

If these are just bolt on, there will be a set heading this way when my tax return gets here.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:03 AM
TECH Resident

I am test fitting the 10" today ill keep you posted on initial fitment.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:07 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by sujomatt
I am test fitting the 10" today ill keep you posted on initial fitment.
take pics.. LOTS
Old 02-10-2010, 10:10 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1BADTALS1
take pics.. LOTS
X10,000
Old 02-10-2010, 10:12 AM
TECH Resident

hahah ok will do
Old 02-10-2010, 12:49 PM
TECH Resident

They told me that it was plug and play with no modification required period! Yeah I'll have to look into some different shank style close ended lugs then. Regardless I want to be able to swap my wheels out with the ZR1's when ever I desire.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:53 PM
TECH Resident

The rims are AWESOME.. the tires will be a different story lol... gonna have to do some research for best way to hammer the crap outta this wheel well and figure something out with the bump stop. As you can see my old setup would bottom out and rub didn't realize it was that bad! .. anyways here are some quick pics

The wheel that was on it:
Old 02-10-2010, 05:19 PM
12 Second Club

^looks good really good. when are you putting tires on?

Quick Reply: Got my Race stars on.. pics inside