Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

C5 Vette tire pressure monitor

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 09:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default C5 Vette tire pressure monitor

My dad's Vette recently had a flat due to a valve coming loose (car has run-flats), and realized the left pressure monitor was actually on the right tire, and vice-versa.

What is involved in switching the sensors from left to right so the monitor tells me the PSI for the correct tire? Thanks!
Old 01-31-2010, 11:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take it to a shop like Discount Tire (i work there). takes about 15 mintues. gotta dismount both tires, then just swap the sensors real quick. rebuild kits are pretty cheap and prolly a good idea if they have been on the wheels for a while.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

69-28, haha... just need to reset the sensors at discount...
Old 02-01-2010, 11:11 AM
On The Tree

It takes a tool to reset the sensors, however, a nice powerfull magnet will do the trick.

Any GM dealer can do this quite quickly. Or just look up "corvette reset TPMS sensors" in Google. I've done it in the garage.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
69-28, haha... just need to reset the sensors at discount...
he asked what it took to switch the sensors and i told him.haha. not hard to do at all. IMO, pull the dumb ****** things out and check the pressure yourself. things are the biggest PITA and break all the time.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nj02vette
It takes a tool to reset the sensors, however, a nice powerfull magnet will do the trick.

Any GM dealer can do this quite quickly. Or just look up "corvette reset TPMS sensors" in Google. I've done it in the garage.
usually from what i know of any discount/america's tire should have a tmps scan tool... you can do it in your garage by either A. puttin it in learn mode and then droppin the air preassure or putting air in the tire or B. with the magnet, they make a speacail magnet for that also (who would of thunk it? lol)

Originally Posted by 69z-28
he asked what it took to switch the sensors and i told him.haha. not hard to do at all. IMO, pull the dumb ****** things out and check the pressure yourself. things are the biggest PITA and break all the time.
agree with you there if i had sensors i would yank those bitches out and tell the dealer to delete that from my comp or whatever they have to do or get a custom tune i dont give a **** those things are so damn annoying!

Customer: i have a flat tire
me: which one?
Cust: iunno my lights on though
me: ok when was the last time you checked your air
cust: ummm when yall put the tires on
me: mam that was back in 08
cust: oh, well can you check all four of them for nails anyways i think they are all leaking
me: *thnking* NO YOU DUMB BITCH LEMME CHECK YOUR AIR AND here and stop wasteing our time with this bull ****!!!! *done thinking*... yes mam of course we can, anything else i can help you with today???

haha im serious thats how convos go while im at work, as i do not work up front anymore cause it's very irritating
Old 02-02-2010, 11:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
usually from what i know of any discount/america's tire should have a tmps scan tool... you can do it in your garage by either A. puttin it in learn mode and then droppin the air preassure or putting air in the tire or B. with the magnet, they make a speacail magnet for that also (who would of thunk it? lol)

agree with you there if i had sensors i would yank those bitches out and tell the dealer to delete that from my comp or whatever they have to do or get a custom tune i dont give a **** those things are so damn annoying!

Customer: i have a flat tire
me: which one?
Cust: iunno my lights on though
me: ok when was the last time you checked your air
cust: ummm when yall put the tires on
me: mam that was back in 08
cust: oh, well can you check all four of them for nails anyways i think they are all leaking
me: *thnking* NO YOU DUMB BITCH LEMME CHECK YOUR AIR AND here and stop wasteing our time with this bull ****!!!! *done thinking*... yes mam of course we can, anything else i can help you with today???

haha im serious thats how convos go while im at work, as i do not work up front anymore cause it's very irritating
you must work at a Discount. happens a few times a day. people are retarded as ****.