Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Having a difficult time choosing....

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having a difficult time choosing....

i'm looking at (finally) getting some new rims and i'm torn between two.

(I have a black 2000 firebird vert w/black top & soon-to-be tinted windows)

My first thought was a set of 18/19 Z06 C6 rims in gunmetal with the DD and rivets. (i know..not everybody likes rivets)

After looking through pages and pages of pics, i finally found some on a black car and really didn't like them. I thought it was because they appeared to be to "grey" colored and thought about something darker. I know i don't want all black rims, so i thought about different finishes, but i don't think OE makes them in any thing else (other than black and chrome).

While going through those same pages i noticed i really liked the look of the Z06 C6 rims with the machined face and black vents. i thought those would look pretty sweet.....but i'm lovin' on the DD look. I checked the OE site, and they don't make those machined with the DD. Without the lip, these look to much like a camaro rim (at least that's what they remind me of) and so i'm a little "iffy" on them.

The machined face made the black car "pop" but not to much like a full-on chrome rim would. Plus, the black vents really went with the black exterior.

Any thoughts?
Old 02-02-2010, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

voted.

back to topic....

i'm really liking the machine face with the black vents, but i love the look of the DD. Unfortunetly they don't make this wheel with both. the chrome DD just seem to be to bright, and i don't want boring grey. Are there any other options?

i also looked at the American racing Phatom wheel, but they don't have a 19. the 18 inch would work but the 20 (rear) has the wrong offset and would require a really thin tire, probably a 245/35/20.

what do others think about a 20" in the rear?

Last edited by pathology knight; 02-02-2010 at 10:27 PM.