Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Sumitomo fitment and pics?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 06:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Sumitomo fitment and pics?

I've been browsing around for tires for my wagon wheels, but am on a steep budget right now. That combination pretty much leaves me looking at some Sumitomos.

Now, the reason for this thread, I've seen many pictures of people with a Sumitomo 315, and a bigger name 315 side by side, and the big name tire is significantly wider. I'm looking at 275/40/18 and 245/45/17's, and I really don't want them to look stretched, or too narrow for the wheels.

Do any of you guys have experience with these tires, and/or pics?
Old 02-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Sumitomo's on my ZR1s (17x9.5 fronts and 17x11 rears). They're cheap and good for my daily driver. Plus I'm mostly stock. There are other threads about Sumi's on here.

I have 275s in the front and 315s in the rear. They may not be as wide as their competitor but they're good for normal street use, look good, are still pretty wide. Not sure how wide (#"s) wagon wheels are but 245s and 275s are pretty standard sizes and shouldn't look stretched or narrow.

I can try to get some pics up later.

Originally Posted by Tbird232ci
I've been browsing around for tires for my wagon wheels, but am on a steep budget right now. That combination pretty much leaves me looking at some Sumitomos.

Now, the reason for this thread, I've seen many pictures of people with a Sumitomo 315, and a bigger name 315 side by side, and the big name tire is significantly wider. I'm looking at 275/40/18 and 245/45/17's, and I really don't want them to look stretched, or too narrow for the wheels.

Do any of you guys have experience with these tires, and/or pics?