Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Brushed aluminum spokes on ttII

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushed aluminum spokes on ttII

I had an idea. I really like the look of the old school etched TTII's. I don't want to shell out the money to powdercoat right now, and i don't want to rattle can a good set of wheels (not that I can't, i did my 10 spokes and they were descent just chipped easily). I was thinking about masking off and wet sanding the spokes of my TTII's with 320 grit. It would look similar just not as dark. I'd keep the lip highly polished. I searched and found out this is basically what CCW does on their brushed finish wheels. Anybody try this before? Or do u guys just think it would look like badly unpolished wheels.

Thanks guys!
Old 02-21-2010, 05:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Um, just do one spoke on one wheel and then take a pic so we can judge better. I think it could look pretty sweet, but you would have to be a little brave to try...unless you could find someone with a wrecked wheel to do a science experiment.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It would be cool to try, but you don't want to ruin a wheel either. I'd think you'd have a tough time getting the ccw brushed look - you'd have to make the sanding stroke pattern uniform