Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Just picked up Stock WS6 wheels need help/opions

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 10:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just picked up Stock WS6 wheels need help/opions

First off they are the 98-00 Rims, They have some rash on them and was wondering if anyone has used weld craft wheels in plymouth mi, i herd there very good at fixing and reconditioning rims and widening them. Im just trying to figure out a ball park figure what they will charge me in a worse case.. i know it will depend on how bad but there not bad. So ya just wondering who has used them and what they charged you.

Secondly tires, need something all season with good grip for a fair price. So please chime in as i may have to drive it in the snow for the first time and it dont move with the tires on it. kuhmo ecstas summer only lol.

Lastly, im guessing my speedo is going to be off now because it isnt a true ws6 and rim size has gone up... is that something i would be able to recaliber with a genisis? or whats envolved to get that fixed even though its not that big of a deal but rather keep it accurate.

Any help appreciated thanks!
Old 02-23-2010, 10:40 AM
Staging Lane

:-( bump
Old 02-23-2010, 02:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

post pics and wtf is a genesis? forgive my ignorance...and word to the wise...dont drive her in the winter..you WILL regret it.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Where are you located and how bad it the winter there? I've used Yokohama S-drives and they are rated a 7 for wet driving. Although my car never is out in the rain or snow.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:21 PM
11 Second Club

the rims them selves wont change ur speedo its overall tire height if stock u had 245-50-16's find a 17" tire with the same diameter. for snow if u have to drive in it get a set of snow tires ive driven my car year round since i got it in chicago weather and the only time i had issues was with bald bfg's.