Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Torque Thrust II vs. 2.1

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sneaky7980
Mine came in today, got em for $915 shipped with lug nuts and valve stems.

As for the weight one 17x9.5 TT2.1 weighs 20.3 lbs (without the center cap) according to my digital scale. I weighed it a few times and got the same result every time.

Hope that helps!
Where did you get these from?

Thanks
John
Old 05-22-2010, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jameswoodlee
what is the site that sells TT2's? I need @ sets of them. Anyone know the best palce to get them????
Originally Posted by 1 SIC Z
Where did you get these from?

Thanks
John
pm me.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 904 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by 98RedBird

There's something seriously fucked with a company named American Racing having their product made in China...

Burns my *** up every time I see **** like this, which unfortunately is all too often these days...
It happens too often. I think Craftsman tools are the same way. We as a consumer want things cheap, business' want to make things cheap, however WE want top dollar wages. Hence how things go over seas.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
It happens too often. I think Craftsman tools are the same way. We as a consumer want things cheap, business' want to make things cheap, however WE want top dollar wages. Hence how things go over seas.
I can't speak for anyone else on this board but I know me, personally, I have absolutely no problem paying more for something that's made here in the USA. Not simply because of the pride factor but 9 times out of 10 you'll be getting a better quality product as well.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:41 AM
Launching!

I agree 100%! Whats funny is the campany will complain about not making enough money while making there product in the US. But they can manufacture the product at at pennies to the dollar overseas and yet we dont see much if any difference in the price. Thats bullshit! All that happens is more money makes it into "uppers" wallets.

I will go out of my way as much as I can to look where things are made and if it comes to having to pay a bit more for something made in the USA I'll do it knowing that at least I'm helping our country and economy.

Manufacturing is pretty much what put the US where it is today and were getting away from that, in time its gonna come and bite us in the ***!
Old 09-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98RedBird
I can't speak for anyone else on this board but I know me, personally, I have absolutely no problem paying more for something that's made here in the USA. Not simply because of the pride factor but 9 times out of 10 you'll be getting a better quality product as well.

Im with you on that one. Not only the quality is way better but it is also much much better for the economy and there is more job opertunitys for the ppl.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hawiianpwr
I agree 100%! Whats funny is the campany will complain about not making enough money while making there product in the US. But they can manufacture the product at at pennies to the dollar overseas and yet we dont see much if any difference in the price. Thats bullshit! All that happens is more money makes it into "uppers" wallets.

I will go out of my way as much as I can to look where things are made and if it comes to having to pay a bit more for something made in the USA I'll do it knowing that at least I'm helping our country and economy.

Manufacturing is pretty much what put the US where it is today and were getting away from that, in time its gonna come and bite us in the ***!
The company should be reading all this. Its realy hard to run an industry in the U.S. There is way more Tax, Regulations and the price for Raw Goods is higher in the U.S then in china. They cut ther spending by at least 1/3 or maybe 1/2 and we see no diff in price
Old 11-17-2010, 10:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I know this is a couple months old, but did we ever discern any differences? Are they really made over seas now? I have one that is the TTII and has curb rash, but I bought the set for $500 which was a steal if they are really no longer made to that quality standard!

I was going to order a new wheel, but it seems the originals would be worth fixing in the case that the new ones are no longer American made.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:06 AM
Staging Lane

Thread maybe old but information is still needed. I bought a set of 2.1's for front 17x9.5 from a member on here and need to buy some for the rear... i want to get 17x11 but seem to only find them in tt11.... will there be a diffrence in weight/style ect. help
Old 02-01-2012, 08:14 PM
master of the "jack"stand

Any updates available?
Old 02-19-2012, 11:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know why these wheels are so expensive ?
Old 02-20-2012, 08:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cause everyone wants them...
Old 05-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Teching In

Default More Info...

Just in case somebody is interested, this is the response I got from an online retailer:

The Torq Thrust 2.1 (515-79563) has replaced the standard part numbers for the Torq Thrust II (505-79563). The Torq Thrust II is a two-piece wheel meaning that the centers are welded into the outer rim. The advantage of a two-piece wheel is that you can have them made with custom offsets for customized applications. (For example if the rear end is tubbed and deeper than normal wheel is required the two-piece construction makes it possible to have them made that way.) The downside of a two-piece wheel is that the out-of-round tolerances are more since the wheel goes through a heating and cooling process. The 2.1 is a one-piece wheel designed to match the two-piece version exactly. That way American Racing has a truer running wheel on all of the standard part numbers, but can still match up with the II if a custom offset is needed on one end or the other.

Quick Reply: Torque Thrust II vs. 2.1