Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

question on length for closed end lug nuts

Old 06-09-2010, 11:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default question on length for closed end lug nuts

I received my S60 the other day and in anticipation of installing, I need to get some new lug nuts - 1/2" to fit the new studs. I want to use a closed end style, does anyone know the length that I will need to fit over the 3" studs without bottoming out.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am also wondering this as I want to bolt up my new CCW's, but the previous owner installed the 3" studs as well. The closed end lug nuts provided with the wheels also bottom out. Was going to measure the depth of the threads after wheel is installed and contact Mcgard to see if they can make a longer length lug nut (closed end) in the black styles they offer. If I get to it before you do, Ill let you know. Right now Im more worried about making the wheels/tires fit within the wheel wells. They do fit right now, but I wouldnt be able to drive it anywhere w/o it severely rubbing over every bump or turn.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The "depth" of your lugs will primarily depend on the length of your wheel studs and the thickness of the centers of your wheels. You can always remove the studs, and either replace them with shorter studs, or take the 3" studs to a machine shop, and have them shortened appropriately.

Search this Thread