Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

ZR1s vs widened C5s

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ZR1s vs widened C5s

Sort of tossing options around here. I'm not really too into the ZR1 design (and that's not helped by seemingly every other person running them), and I can't stand the TT2s. A 17" wheel is the biggest I'll go. I'm pondering getting a set of 17" polished C5 wheels from OE Wheels (http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels-fo...02042-3-1.html), and having two sent out to be widened to 11", so I can run 315s. Alternately, I can say screw it and just save the money for a set of Bogarts.

Now, my question is this: assuming the offset on the non-widened C5s is correct for the car (Trans Am), how would I keep that offset correct with them being widened? I've seen that I'd need to add 25.4mm per inch to keep the proper offset, so assuming a 1.5" widening (3/4" change), I'd need a 73mm offset to keep the original 54mm? I really don't want to use spacers unless it's absolutely unavoidable. The backspacing vs offset argument is still boggling to my mind.

On a side note, I'm sort of confused on wheel bolt pattern...OE Wheels says the C5 above is a 5" bolt pattern and fits Camaros, but isn't the stock bolt pattern for a Firebird/Trans Am 4.75"?
Old 08-20-2010, 08:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I cant speak for the OE Wheels, but mine should be similiar. Im running widened 00 WS.6 wheels with Nitto 555s in 315/35-17s. Im running a 1" spacer, and some BFH mods to clear. i dont have any rubbing issues. The wheels also sit very nice, dont stick out or even rub the fender lip on either of our WS.6s