Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Using space saver spare RIMS for front runners.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using space saver spare RIMS for front runners.

I am trying to get some biasply tires on my fiero, and I can not find a 15x5 inch rim for it. I could run a 15x6 if I was crafty, which would fit a sportsman bias ply from MT.

I would rather end up with a true drag skinny, but there is NO such thing as an affordable front rim for me. Anything wrong with using the space saver spares from a neon? 15x4 with the correct spacing.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by darkhorizon
I am trying to get some biasply tires on my fiero, and I can not find a 15x5 inch rim for it. I could run a 15x6 if I was crafty, which would fit a sportsman bias ply from MT.

I would rather end up with a true drag skinny, but there is NO such thing as an affordable front rim for me. Anything wrong with using the space saver spares from a neon? 15x4 with the correct spacing.
What's the bolt pattern? I'd have to imagine someone makes a skinny for it, since you're asking about using a Neon spare, and I've seen neons with skinnies on them. A sportsman pro front tire from M/T will fit a 3.5-6.5" rim
Old 09-27-2010, 05:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro396
What's the bolt pattern? I'd have to imagine someone makes a skinny for it, since you're asking about using a Neon spare, and I've seen neons with skinnies on them. A sportsman pro front tire from M/T will fit a 3.5-6.5" rim
Sportsman pro is what I have been looking at, but I was holding out for a 5inch rim.

I have found a select amount of skinnies, but for the money I would rather look for something else... Right now I would end up spending well more than $175 each for a front rim... and due to the fact I am a cheap ***, I would be quite pissed I spent 3x as much for front wheels and tires than I did rear wheels and tires.

I am working on setting up a 10.5 inch drag radial setup for when I street race the car next year.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If by front runners you mean for track use, most tracks won't allow this. If by just skinny front wheels is what you're saying, ebay. . . 396, it's a small GM bolt pattern . . .

Quick Reply: Using space saver spare RIMS for front runners.