Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Does anyone have Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 02:35 PM
Staging Lane

Location: Grammar Nazi Regional Headquarters; Arlen, Texas, U S of A
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Does anyone have Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires?

I have BF Goodrich KDW tires on my '99 Z28, and I have Michelin Pilot Sports on my other car, and I must say the Michelins are wonderful tires, but the KDW isn't a bad tire (especially for the price). But the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 rates better than the Pilot Sport (and well above the KDW) according to the consumer reviews, but the Eagles are priced about where the KDW is, or about $100 per tire less than the Pilot Sport. But considering how greasy the Goodyear Eagle GS-C's grip feels to me, I'd be wary of buying a Goodyear tire.

Can this Goodyear really be a superior or equal tire to the Pilot Sport for a lot less money? Anybody have real-world experience with the F1 GS-D3? When it comes time to buy new tires I'm looking for all-around performance, more biased toward handling and roadholding performance, rather than looking for the maximum off-the-line grip of a drag radial.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes
Old 01-30-2004, 04:24 PM
PR Director

I have these tires and love the way they handle and perform. When they are hot they hook. They are also excellent in the rain. I used to spin all day long with my old g-force tires and with the new tires its hard to spin them off the line. They spin and then instantly grip, where as my other set kept spinning. I am over all pleased with the tires and would purchase them again. One thing I noticed about the tires when they are cold they don't hook until you get them hot. What I mean by this is when its cold outside and the car has been sitting for a while and you take off fast they will spin, but I think thats pretty much true for most tires.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:44 PM
Staging Lane

Location: Grammar Nazi Regional Headquarters; Arlen, Texas, U S of A

Thanks for the feedback, SlammedTA.

It sure seems like a smokin' deal: the performance of the Michelin Pilot Sport (actually better in the wet) at the cost of the BFG KDW, or $400-500 cheaper for a full set of 275/40-17s compared to the Pilots. And the Goodyears look pretty sweet, too, at least in the pictures.

I know my KDW tires seem to be fairly slippery when they're cold, easy to get it crossed up if you're not careful when they're cold (though I usually don't race my car around too much until the engine warms up, but on cold days it can take some extra time to work some heat into the tires).

Now I gotta go out and wear out my tires so I can try out the F1 GS-D3s...
Old 01-31-2004, 02:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I plan on buying these from TireRack very soon.