Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

18x9.5 drag radial fitment question

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 08:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joblo1978
Well if you know how to research tires and their specifications why are you asking if X tire will fit? It now appears that if you're asking whether a tire will physically or safely fit. I'm not going to tell you to throw on a tire that is a size outside of what the manufacturer recommends for a given wheel width.

It's not a matter of tire "bulge" and how it looks on the rim and whether it looks like it will fit or not but what the manufacturer sais will safely work or not work. It's simple, if you want wider tires, buy wider rims and don't shoehorn on something that won't fit or isn't designed to fit. Sorry.
Honestly I don't give a **** what you have to say, this is exactly the kind of answers i was talking about a few posts ago.

If someone does not have somehing related to this tire size fitting my rim whether it be an explanaton of why or why not or why mt says it will fit and some people on here say it wont I don't need your help because you arent heping. You are just babbling about **** that is said in EVERY thread in this section of tech. This is the WORST section for things being explained in detail and an easy way of understanding out of the entire forum.

I DO NOT WANT A TIRE THAT IS UNSAFE AND I DO NOT WANT A TIRE WITH A DUMB AMOUNT OR BULGING!! this is the reason for the thead, I cant talk to a chart and i don't know the answer to the questions i have. pay attention.

Sorry.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:53 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i ran 295 on my 9.5.

and the next tire will be 305 DR .. i know some run them with no issues .. SO do it and order the MT305 ..
Old 10-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lemons12
Honestly I don't give a **** what you have to say, this is exactly the kind of answers i was talking about a few posts ago.

If someone does not have somehing related to this tire size fitting my rim whether it be an explanaton of why or why not or why mt says it will fit and some people on here say it wont I don't need your help because you arent heping. You are just babbling about **** that is said in EVERY thread in this section of tech. This is the WORST section for things being explained in detail and an easy way of understanding out of the entire forum.

I DO NOT WANT A TIRE THAT IS UNSAFE AND I DO NOT WANT A TIRE WITH A DUMB AMOUNT OR BULGING!! this is the reason for the thead, I cant talk to a chart and i don't know the answer to the questions i have. pay attention.

Sorry.
Oh, ok assclown! I was about to reply but my wife walked in with some hot lingerie on......

Sorry, I'm back.

You should look here then

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/s...StreetRadialII

Judging from the chart the answer to your first choice is "NO". Not only do I say they won't fit, so does Mickey Thompson. I'm sorry you don't like it but that is the approved width in their terms.

And for your second choice of tire size judging from the chart....that is a big fat negative also, sorry.

You could have easily prevented embarassing yourself from just checking this out.

I hate to be the bearer of bad new but this is ls1tech.com with "tech" being the keyword. If you don't like what people reply to your questions about what will and will not work then go troll elsewhere. Judging from your sig., and lack of ownership of a cool ride (and ultra high post count) it seems that is what you are best at. It also seems that you are just trying to run MT drag radials but don't like the sizes that are available in a 9.5 width (just my perception and that is what matters). I'm running their 265/40 18" on my ride with 9.5"s with no problem and to be realistic their isn't much reason to go much wider. This is what MT said would work and that's what I went with. And you know what? They work! Besides, everyone (well, some people) know it's the height and amount of sidewall that gives you traction over width on a DR or bias-ply anyday. This tire size "looks" good enough for my magazine feature car so go figure....

Yes, those are MT 265/40's on a 9.5 inch rim. Anything bigger than a 285 does not fit a 9.5" rim, PERIOD! So I guess if that doesn't answer your question, well I guess hater's are just gonna hate. 275 is plenty wide for these cars anyway. I personally think these guys's running 315's and tires around that size look retarded, theY obviously don't fit unless your ready to run the correct offset tire and minitub it or use a narrowed rearend or all three.

BTW, good luck finding some dumbass guy to mount your 305's on a 9.5" rim, retard. But, if you want to be that guy after I have posted a pic of the tire you're looking at in the correct size that works and looks good, go ahead. Who am I to stop someone from doing something stupid? You obviously have your mind made up and are just trying to find someone to agree with you.

There is a sticky for dumb questions like yours, read them and stop trolling. Any response or quoting of this post will be taken just as such.

Last edited by joblo1978; 10-28-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

P305/45R18
29X11.50R18
R2
9.5-11.0

Directly from mt.. would you like to explain why that tire doesn't fit? Because their chart says it will, tell me why you say it won't and the chart says it wil.. I have read this thread three times and have yet to have all my questions answered. You obviously don't have the answers so why post? Again, unless im reading the chart wrong, I still have unanswered questions.

I forgot that asking questions is tolling. Should we consider posting with no information helping out tolling as well? I honestly don't give a **** about anything you have to say, even if it would possibly help me in some way.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

305-45-18 will fit according to M/T. It is a tall tire with a tall side wall the 9.5 wide rim will cause you problems with handling at the drag strip. If you do race and try to adjust tire pressures you will be the first one to know. I'm just a saying. I learned the hard way with a set of ET Streets that were on a narrow rim. M/T 's chart stated they would fit and they did.
I'm running a 265-40-18 0n a 9.5 rim and they fit and look good. Damm guys you have 8 sec cars running on 8.5 " tires now. if you can't hook then do some suspension work.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1lejohn
305-45-18 will fit according to M/T. It is a tall tire with a tall side wall the 9.5 wide rim will cause you problems with handling at the drag strip. If you do race and try to adjust tire pressures you will be the first one to know. I'm just a saying. I learned the hard way with a set of ET Streets that were on a narrow rim. M/T 's chart stated they would fit and they did.
I'm running a 265-40-18 0n a 9.5 rim and they fit and look good. Damm guys you have 8 sec cars running on 8.5 " tires now. if you can't hook then do some suspension work.
Awesome, that makes up my mind. thank you for reading and undrstanding what was being asked and answering those questions.

I have full suspension, I was just looking for he widest tire I could safely fit on my rim for street use, looks and traction.. I have prostars with slick and skinnies for the track.

thanks to ev3ryone that helped.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Exclamation

Oh, ok assclown! I was about to reply but my wife walked in with some hot lingerie on......

Sorry, I'm back.

You should look here then

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/s...StreetRadialII

Judging from the chart the answer to your first choice is "NO". Not only do I say they won't fit, so does Mickey Thompson. I'm sorry you don't like it but that is the approved width in their terms.

And for your second choice of tire size judging from the chart....that is a big fat negative also, sorry.

You could have easily prevented embarassing yourself from just checking this out.

I hate to be the bearer of bad new but this is ls1tech.com with "tech" being the keyword. If you don't like what people reply to your questions about what will and will not work then go troll elsewhere. Judging from your sig., and lack of ownership of a cool ride (and ultra high post count) it seems that is what you are best at. It also seems that you are just trying to run MT drag radials but don't like the sizes that are available in a 9.5 width (just my perception and that is what matters). I'm running their 265/40 18" on my ride with 9.5"s with no problem and to be realistic their isn't much reason to go much wider. This is what MT said would work and that's what I went with. And you know what? They work! Besides, everyone (well, some people) know it's the height and amount of sidewall that gives you traction over width on a DR or bias-ply anyday. This tire size "looks" good enough for my magazine feature car so go figure....

[
Yes, those are MT 265/40's on a 9.5 inch rim. Anything bigger than a 285 does not fit a 9.5" rim, PERIOD! So I guess if that doesn't answer your question, well I guess hater's are just gonna hate. 275 is plenty wide for these cars anyway. I personally think these guys's running 315's and tires around that size look retarded, theY obviously don't fit unless your ready to run the correct offset tire and minitub it or use a narrowed rearend or all three.

BTW, good luck finding some dumbass guy to mount your 305's on a 9.5" rim, retard. But, if you want to be that guy after I have posted a pic of the tire you're looking at in the correct size that works and looks good, go ahead. Who am I to stop someone from doing something stupid? You obviously have your mind made up and are just trying to find someone to agree with you.

There is a sticky for dumb questions like yours, read them and stop trolling. Any response or quoting of this post will be taken just as such.

OK now that you have decided to embarrass YOURSELF, look like an assclown . . . And tell INCORRECT info . . . you should apologize . .

Per MT's site a 305/45R18 tire fits on a 9.5" wide wheel. . . .

Now the bigger question does a 29" tall tire fit in the wheel well of an F-Car.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Woops, somebody skipped just putting there foot in there mouth, and pretty much just swallowed it....teehehe.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
OK now that you have decided to embarrass YOURSELF, look like an assclown . . . And tell INCORRECT info . . . you should apologize . .

Per MT's site a 305/45R18 tire fits on a 9.5" wide wheel. . . .

Now the bigger question does a 29" tall tire fit in the wheel well of an F-Car.

I didn't post any incorrect info jackass! The OP was inquiring about two 35 series tires of different widths neither of which will fit. Yes, the chart does say that a 45 will work and I can see that.

You will try and prove me wrong at the expense of someone putting a certain size tire on an 18" rim that is going to look ridiculous?

OP, go ahead and order those tires and put them on, I think you would be the first to put a tire that big on an 18" wheel. Make sure to post pics too please. I would love to see you flush 500 bucks down the toilet.

The answer to your second question *cough, cough* noob, is yes they can be "made" to fit.

Don't ever try to correct me again.

Last edited by joblo1978; 10-28-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ZYA_LTR
Woops, somebody skipped just putting there foot in there mouth, and pretty much just swallowed it....teehehe.

And you're just as bad as the other guy. Read much?
Old 10-28-2010, 07:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

I didn't post any incorrect info jackass! The OP was inquiring about two 35 series tires of different widths neither of which will fit. Yes, the chart does say that a 45 will work and I can see that.

You will try and prove me wrong at the expense of someone putting a certain size tire on an 18" rim that is going to look ridiculous?

OP, go ahead and order those tires and put them on, I think you would be the first to put a tire that big on an 18" wheel. Make sure to post pics too please. I would love to see you flush 500 bucks down the toilet.

The answer to your second question *cough, cough* noob, is yes they can be "made" to fit.

Don't ever try to correct me again.
Im going to correct you because obviously you are as dumb as i thought. I posted two links.. one to a 305/45 and one to a 305/35.

That tire is made to.fit a 9x5 rim, there was even a specific vehicle it is made for from my understanding.

I will not be going with either of my original choices but it has NOTHING to do with anything you stated, I got my answers from informed people on the matter.

I have corrected you multiple times and been right everytime. You dont know as much as even me on this subject and this is the thing I am most ignorant about, isnt that sad. Sucks im a noob. Lol

You made a complete fool out of yourself and you are to dumb to even realize it.
And you're just as bad as the other guy. Read much?
You obviously dont. Why dont you read this thread again? Check ky links again and see what i posted. See what my questions were and look at your misguided answers that were wrong and had nothing to do with my questions.

Please keep this attitude up, i would love to see you get banned over something so trivial.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lemons12
Im going to correct you because obviously you are as dumb as i thought. I posted two links.. one to a 305/45 and one to a 305/35.

That tire is made to.fit a 9x5 rim, there was even a specific vehicle it is made for from my understanding.

I will not be going with either of my original choices but it has NOTHING to do with anything you stated, I got my answers from informed people on the matter.

I have corrected you multiple times and been right everytime. You dont know as much as even me on this subject and this is the thing I am most ignorant about, isnt that sad. Sucks im a noob. Lol

You made a complete fool out of yourself and you are to dumb to even realize it.

You obviously dont. Why dont you read this thread again? Check ky links again and see what i posted. See what my questions were and look at your misguided answers that were wrong and had nothing to do with my questions.

Please keep this attitude up, i would love to see you get banned over something so trivial.
Ok guy.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ok guy.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...-fat-tire.html

Irony at its best. Similar thread, similar questions, you still not not comprehending things being discussed.

I'm a asshat, clown, idiot, noob, retard,etc etc etc etc though.. I will keep that in mind. thanks for giving me a laugh.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Xsta z28, I have the needed info and made my mind up.. you can lock it if you wish. thanks
Old 10-28-2010, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Actually i would love to see if the Sgt. has any more ingenious comments that will further solidify his standing on the forum with the moderators..............
Old 10-28-2010, 08:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZYA_LTR
Actually i would love to see if the Sgt. has any more ingenious comments that will further solidify his standing on the forum with the moderators..............
I wouldn't mind it either. I am waiting to see xsta takes his comment myself.

I just looked at his fquick.. and he was downing my car. LOL.

Quick Reply: 18x9.5 drag radial fitment question