Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Are Replica Rims any good or are they Junk?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whoa...well thats not a good post to read as I walk in, first thing in the morning.

JPR...I understand your frustration. Unfortunately I cant speak for the local store you dealt with except to say that I used to work in the stores myself. If someone there was genuinely non caring and had the audacity to say "you only paid....you get what you paid for" is downright rediculous. That never would have happened in my store, and you should have spoke with the store manager immediately. Rim lube will not adversely effect your balance. In most cases, its put it on, or possibly damage the tire. This is very true in extra wide applications or very small sidewalls. All of our replica wheels have a warranty on the finish. We'd gladly replace any wheel that teh finish was not up to par, and take care of the balance when the tires were swapped. Thats what we do. There is certainly no need to apologize for your post. Im just disappointed that we can't earn your business again in the future. Hopefully you will change your mind.

Jstpsi..Ill keep my stick around. I may need it as a walking stick after this thread. Alot of the no reserve auctions on the web over the past year are wheels that don't fully live up to quality control standards. Some people will get a great set that they never know is slightly flawed. Some will. I have no doubt that the deals out there are occasionally out of this world...but for that kind of $, you have to be careful. At least with me you know Ill stand behind it and take care of any future concerns. I appreciate the face that you take care of site vendors that keep our site alive.

Crawling in to my shell now for an hour. Ill be back.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:54 PM
TECH Junkie

well its all said and done now and i dont blame you or your sales department but id really look at your quality controll department ill send you pics if ya want the wheels were pritty bad not to mention the rest of problems i had and the new ones are liveable but still have defects on them.... but i mean common i got 4 bad wheels on one try! 4! i mean hell one i can see slipping by but all four mean you got MR MIGOO for your QC guy ! also is this true about me having no balanceing package with these tires solely beacouse i ordered them direct instead of locally, i mean i paid the same price shouldent my warrenty apply still also WHAT PRESSURE SHOULD I RUN THESE TIRES AT RIGHT NOW IM RUNNING THE 275/40/14 555'S AT 35 PSI (FRONT) AND THE 315/35/17 555R'S AT 25 PSI (REAR) IS THIS GOOD FOR A CAR THATS PRIMAIRLY USED 3 TIMES A WEEK AND IS SETUP FOR STREET \ STRIP ALSO MY CAR WEGHS ABOUT 3700 LBS WITHOUT ME IN IT
Old 02-20-2004, 09:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Jpr, i'm sorry to hear about your bad purchase. I wish you luck on getting it resolved and getting yourself happy again.