Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Hubcentric?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 01:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hubcentric?

How can a spacer be hubcentric if there is no hub extending beyond the rotor? I need to move my rears out 1/2" - yet I don't see how a hubcentric spacer gains me anything. Actually I have 5-10 thousands of hub extending out but that sure isn't much to seat on. Am I looking at this wrong? -Bob
Old 02-13-2011, 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Take a look at this adapter by H&R. The backside slides onto the hub. It is hubcentric on both sides.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Teching In

if you only do a half inch you will have to cut your factory studs. i just installed 25mm ones on the rear and the studs stick out further than the spacer but most wheels have spaces or "cavities" on the mounting pad.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Launching!

But that's an adapter not a spacer correct? Additionally, when I go to their website they say they don't make my application if I can't find it in their drop down menus. I'm building a narrowed 9-inch with GM housing ends and S-10 brakes for my Nova. Turns out the axle housing could have been a little bit wider.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A spacer and adapter are essentially the same thing. They both push out the wheels for a better desired offset. Adapters actually bolt onto the axle assembly, but spacers do not. Spacers just sit between the wheel and axle. Adpaters additionally can be used for different bolt patterned wheels. Lets say you wanted 5x4.5" wheels onto our 5x4.75" axles. I feel that the adapters are the safest since they bolt on independently from the wheels/axles.

If you use a spacer, depending on how thick, you may need longer studs. Otherwise, there may not be enough threads to bolt on your wheels safely. I am not sure if they make hubcentric spacers (not adapters). If you want the spacers, just find a vehicle with the same bolt pattern for the axles you are using. They might be 5x4.75" so you could search by Camaro/Trans Am.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:16 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BBPanel
But that's an adapter not a spacer correct? Additionally, when I go to their website they say they don't make my application if I can't find it in their drop down menus. I'm building a narrowed 9-inch with GM housing ends and S-10 brakes for my Nova. Turns out the axle housing could have been a little bit wider.
For 1/2" I would not use a adapter because you would need to cut your studs down to 1/2''. With your new 9-inch use upgraded studs that are 1/2'' longer with a 1/2" spacer.

Hubcentric spacers are not better if they are not sized for your hub. They also need to be wheel centric to your wheels. I ordered my spacers from H&R
70.3 hubcentric and 78 wheelcentric. You need to find what size hub your wheels have.

Best to just call H&R and they will answer your questions.

Quick Reply: Hubcentric?