Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Help!! OEM Zr1's w/ pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! OEM Zr1's w/ pictures

Hey, i had a post once before about this but I cant seem to find a definite answer. The Camaro I purchased from the original owner came with a set of four 17 x 9.5 original GM zr1 wheels he purchased directly from the dealer. From what i have been told they came on 1996 corvette grand sports. I cannot seem to find out how much they are worth. I called up the dealer and gave them the part number and the guy told me before they were discontinued they went for 750$ each!!? The set i have is not brand new their is very little wear on them and the usual grime on the inside but i cant seem to get a realistic price i could ask for them for anyone i talk to? I have three of the four original boxes with part number stickers, all the center caps and all black lug nut covers. If someone could help me out id really appreciate it..Thankss
Attached Thumbnails Help!! OEM Zr1's w/ pictures-gsc_0783.jpg   Help!! OEM Zr1's w/ pictures-gsc_0785.jpg   Help!! OEM Zr1's w/ pictures-gsc_0786.jpg   Help!! OEM Zr1's w/ pictures-gsc_0793.jpg   Help!! OEM Zr1's w/ pictures-gsc_0791.jpg  

Old 03-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Staging Lane

I can tell you for sure that the black zr1 wheels came on the gran sport 96 vettes that also came with the lt4 motors. As far as value goes I cant believe they would be worth anymore than any other set of used zr1's out there? I hope you get a lot for them though
Old 03-08-2011, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

frankly, I'd sit on them for a few years... like put 'em up in the attic and forget about them until you're old and grey...boxes, lugs, etc, all of it. Then, if you're lucky, someone will come along restoring their Grand Sport convertible (the coupes got 17x11's in the rear) and want original GM wheels and you can sell them for what they originally cost

for the time being, I cannot see them being worth any more than a set of repo...

HOWEVER, never hurts to create an account on Corvetteforum.com and ask there... they have a huge C4 following as well as a separate Grand Sport section

some info for ya
http://www.corvettefever.com/feature...nvertible.html
Old 03-08-2011, 01:57 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info..Anyone have a ballpark guess on a fair price i could possibly ask for them?
Old 03-08-2011, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the last sets I remember seeing for sale (on Corvetteforum.com) were 4-5 years ago... but one set was 17x9.5/11 with good tires for $1200 and a full set of 9.5's without tires in good shape for $800... dont know if that helps

what makes them better than repo's is the weight... if I remember right, they're like 1/2 the weight of the fakes
Old 03-09-2011, 11:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know what the backspace was for these, and if they would be appropriate for a 4th gen Camaro application?