Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Which drag wheels for the street?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 10:08 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ssvert99
We have the Billet Specialties and the Weld wheels at unbeatable prices... Sold many of both brands with great success from both. Call us for a quote!
Well **** i wish i had known that about the welds before!! I would have put those on the list as well for sure!! I did know about the B.S. wheels but guess i should've asked.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
I need drag wheels that are safe for the street but do give a real weight reduction. Something that fits without grinding and all that would be nice. The weld RTS seem to be a good choice but what are the options?
Drag wheels are not street wheels. Drag wheels are designed for drag use. If you choose anything else, you're giving up quite a bit of weight and loosing performance. It's a matter of how far someone wants to go and what performance they are willing to give up or get.

If you try to use something that is dual duty, it is not going to be the best choice for either application as its not optimized.

Our Bogart wheels can be setup as both drag wheels and street/strip wheels both being the lightest direct fit wheel specific build on the market.

Our drag wheels though will give the best advantage from a performance standpoint. The fronts wheels are the only one on the market that tucks in the furthest giving a better wheel stance. Our designs for the 4th gen F-body tucks the fronts a minimum of .25" up to .5" deeper than the rest.

Take one of our 10lb rear drag wheels comparing to an almost 16lb weld RTS wheel or Billet Specialty street/strip wheel...that's 6 lbs per wheel or would be like giving up about 50 lbs of weight for just those two wheels! That will leave the car with longer 60ft times and longer stopping distances. Granted, I'm comparing a drag wheel to a street/strip wheel, so take that with a grain of salt.

Our street/strip version wheels are about 14lbs per rear wheel...lighter than the rest, but still much heavier than our drag counterparts.

As a side note to the readers, just because a wheel is 15", doesn't make it a drag wheel either. Some may consider that 16lbs is light but compared to a stock 16" wheel...take into consideration, the typical stock wheel is about 19lbs, so from a weight difference, it's only a 3lb saving. One could use a 16" stock wheel and put a drag radial on it and call it a day.

There's quite a few choices of products on the market, pick whichever setup fits your goals best. There are differences between them as I've touched upon. Feel free to call me if you have additional questions or comments about our Bogart products and designs.

Steve
Mechanical Engineer
724-478-5580
Old 04-25-2011, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ssvert99
We have the Billet Specialties and the Weld wheels at unbeatable prices... Sold many of both brands with great success from both. Call us for a quote!
i wish i would have know that also, i would have ordered mine from yall also.........

Quick Reply: Which drag wheels for the street?