Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Silver Trans Am on Chrome ZR1s

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Silver Trans Am on Chrome ZR1s

I had a hell of a time finding pictures of silver T/As with chrome ZR1s when I was thinking of buying them (probably becasue most new threads are titled "new rims") so I figured I'd make an appropriately titled thread to help anyone else looking, but mostly to show off my new rims.

For years, I had my heart set on some black C6 Z06s, but these came up for sale locally for $340 and I couldn't pass it up. They're 17x9.5 out back and 17x8.5 up front. They were falsely advertised as 17x9s and 17x10s, and like an idiot I didn't measure for myself but once I started looking at tire prices I was alright with the smaller sizes. They're basically flawless excpet for one little area where the crome was peeled slightly so I hit it with some clear coat to try and prevent it from spreading.

I also made the jump from BF Goodrich drag radials to Nitto 555Rs. Man, the Nittos run narrow. probably 1.5 inches narrower between both of them than the BFGs were. Fronts are some Capitals I picked up dirt cheap used. Here's some pics:

Old 06-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is your door open in the 2nd to last picture?
Old 06-07-2011, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SSkull
Is your door open in the 2nd to last picture?
Yeah, didn't shut it hard enough I guess.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I usually dont care for ZR1s on Trans ams but I think your car pulls it off pretty good. Now you need to get it lowered. LS1 cars seem to sit up higher than the old LT1 cars for some reason.