Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Race stars 15x10 grind on caliper

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Race stars 15x10 grind on caliper

I just got my race stars and put them on the car with 275/60/15's the tires clear just fine, but I took the car out for a test drive and it was all okay then after about 20 mins of driving I started hearing a grinding noise sure enough I look under the car and inside the barrel of the rim and saw a minor scrape. I just put the car away and didn't take the wheel off to diagnose the problem due to this hurricane I have a lot of preparing to due lol. It only scraped on the driver side. My guess is the calipers expanded. I saw a thread on here with same prob but I couldn't find it again. Has anyone else here experienced this?
Old 08-27-2011, 01:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had this same "problem" on my 15X10 prostars. Get some caliper paint, paint the calipers, drive around, take the wheel off, and grind where paint came off at. Be safe with the hurricane.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mesterious
I had this same "problem" on my 15X10 prostars. Get some caliper paint, paint the calipers, drive around, take the wheel off, and grind where paint came off at. Be safe with the hurricane.
what he said should work great. Be carefull with the huricane. what car are they going on also.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. The wheels are all ready on my 98 SS and I actually painted the calipers before I put the wheels on. Hopefully Monday if my car is still in the garage and doesn't blow away I can go over there and get it in order. I will also take some pics for you guys.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OK cool. Reason I was wondering was because I am going to be buying the same setup as you for the rear of my 02 SS and for some reason with the 28" tire I though I was going to have to trip the bumper. I am glad they fit and I will not have to do anything like that. Once again stay safe.

Quick Reply: Race stars 15x10 grind on caliper