Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

New Rims and Tires. Want some opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use armor all, put it on a applicator pad and wipe the tire down with it. Its the best thing in my opinion, looks nice and wet but doesnt sling on your car and you can buy it anywhere. My 2 cent anyway!!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 05:34 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i agree the armoral gel works very good , i also think armoral wipes work great on tires , have had no slinging or run off at all with both those methods, i dont care for sprays, i dont like it getting all over the rim i just cleaned
Old 10-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98

17 x 9.5 up front with hankook 275's.

rears are 18 x 10.5 with nitto 555r's. 305-40-18. This is a 28" tire.

dont get rivets. They are ugly as **** when they are fake...

I am actually selling the wheels/tires. Looking to get $1400 shipped for them. front tires have 75% tred and the rears have 150 miles on them. I just paid $600 for both nitto's....
is your third brake light tented?
Old 10-03-2011, 05:47 PM
Staging Lane

i think the new z06 wheels on f bodys looks like
Old 10-03-2011, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I love the black rivet zo6 wheels posted
Old 10-03-2011, 07:50 PM
TECH Addict

My opinion?
This =
Originally Posted by super_fro_daddy
rivets =
Never really a fan of the C6 Z06 wheels, but whatever makes you happy is all that matters.
Again, this is my opinion and it's your car.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Banned

I love mine on my white ws6 black zo6 c6 with rivets deep dish
Old 10-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Staging Lane

I currently have 19x10 C6 Z06 deepdish wheels black with a white lip from Corvette Wheels LLC I need to mount up, just took off and sold my chrome ones of the same type, 18 and 19's, on my white 2001 Camaro SS (1'' spacer was needed for 19x10 up front).

Also, calling it an SLP SS imo is pretty lame. To a diehard Camaro fan like myself I'll just laugh at you. If I recall SLP had a hand in most if not all late model SS' anyway. I know mine came with a slew of SLP parts, but none I cared about. And you must have $$$, if you plan on running 555r's, but I hope this isn't your daily driver. For the money those things aren't meant for everyday driving, you'll be lucky to get 10k out of them. I had a set wrapped around C5 Z06 motorsport wheels, and I simply hated the noise of rock and things getting thrown into the wheel well everytime I drove a slight distance.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:08 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02ws.sik
I love mine on my white ws6 black zo6 c6 with rivets deep dish
post pics? Thanks!
Old 10-04-2011, 12:08 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MidknyteRacer
I currently have 19x10 C6 Z06 deepdish wheels black with a white lip from Corvette Wheels LLC I need to mount up, just took off and sold my chrome ones of the same type, 18 and 19's, on my white 2001 Camaro SS (1'' spacer was needed for 19x10 up front).

Also, calling it an SLP SS imo is pretty lame. To a diehard Camaro fan like myself I'll just laugh at you. If I recall SLP had a hand in most if not all late model SS' anyway. I know mine came with a slew of SLP parts, but none I cared about. And you must have $$$, if you plan on running 555r's, but I hope this isn't your daily driver. For the money those things aren't meant for everyday driving, you'll be lucky to get 10k out of them. I had a set wrapped around C5 Z06 motorsport wheels, and I simply hated the noise of rock and things getting thrown into the wheel well everytime I drove a slight distance.
slp was a bigger deal back then to those cars than it is now. at least thats how i see it
Old 10-04-2011, 12:11 AM
Teching In

do you have any pics to post? id like to see them. and yeah its my daily but I've hardly put 10,000 miles on it in a year so it shouldn't be that bad (hopefully)
Old 10-04-2011, 01:51 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 01-SLP-SS
slp was a bigger deal back then to those cars than it is now. at least thats how i see it
I gotcha, but I too have an 01 SS, and it only came with a few SLP parts, and there isn't much separating our cars from Z28's accept a few parts. SLP is ok, my car is #547 built by them, just call with the vin to find out, but they aren't the pioneers like back then, I wouldn't rep them like that, I mean I have a GMMG exhaust that came with a nice GMMG sticker, the good 3d kind too, but just an exhaust doesn't constitute it as a GMMG car, those things are pretty b/a. But here are those pics, I just sold my complete set of chrome ones just like these, and those were 18's and 19's, these are 19x10 all around, and I'm going to use the 1'' spacers I had when I was running 19x10 Tork Imagine wheels in gloss black (terribly made wheels). I'm in the market for tires right now, when I get some I'll mount them up and post pics. I bought these from Corvette Wheels LLC, $1300 (thats shipping included, wheels only), they do only black gloss, but with any factory color lip mostly. When I first purchased these I seen a picture were the rivets weren't painted, and that's how I thought they would come, but I actually like the rivets painted black, looks clean.

Last edited by MidknyteRacer; 10-04-2011 at 01:56 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:09 AM
TECH Addict

like the wheels, hate the rivets..
Old 10-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Teching In

Talking

I gotcha, but I too have an 01 SS, and it only came with a few SLP parts, and there isn't much separating our cars from Z28's accept a few parts. SLP is ok, my car is #547 built by them, just call with the vin to find out, but they aren't the pioneers like back then, I wouldn't rep them like that, I mean I have a GMMG exhaust that came with a nice GMMG sticker, the good 3d kind too, but just an exhaust doesn't constitute it as a GMMG car, those things are pretty b/a. But here are those pics, I just sold my complete set of chrome ones just like these, and those were 18's and 19's, these are 19x10 all around, and I'm going to use the 1'' spacers I had when I was running 19x10 Tork Imagine wheels in gloss black (terribly made wheels). I'm in the market for tires right now, when I get some I'll mount them up and post pics. I bought these from Corvette Wheels LLC, $1300 (thats shipping included, wheels only), they do only black gloss, but with any factory color lip mostly. When I first purchased these I seen a picture were the rivets weren't painted, and that's how I thought they would come, but I actually like the rivets painted black, looks clean.

those are bad ***! id like to see them on your car when u get them on!