Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Sumitomo HTRZ Vs. Continental Extreme Contact

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012 | 07:31 PM
TECH Regular

Default Sumitomo HTRZ Vs. Continental Extreme Contact

I'm also looking at the 335/35/17 Kumho Ecsta XS. any experience with these would be helpful.

Last edited by 94 White T/A; 01-11-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-11-2012 | 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im pretty sure that continental doesnt make anything in a 315/335 on a 17".

The only sumi available in that size is the HTR Z, which is not a great performing tire, some say they last a while are quiet and make a good DD tire, not so much for performance, its also a pretty old tire design.

Since im not sure exactly which size and therefore which tire your talking about Ill cover the other to.

HTR Z II, ran these and HATED them, no traction, didnt last very long, horrible in rain, also didnt ride very well. My least favorite tire Ive ever used.

HTR Z III, still running this tire and love it. Perform and drive well, quiet and Im happy with the life of it for its performance. (Not all sumis are trash, just ask tire rack, they like this one to)

Continental, again which tire are you talking about. There is more than one Extreme Contact, heard good things about the DW but no personal experience so I dont know about this one.
Old 01-11-2012 | 09:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TAEnvy
Im pretty sure that continental doesnt make anything in a 315/335 on a 17".

The only sumi available in that size is the HTR Z, which is not a great performing tire, some say they last a while are quiet and make a good DD tire, not so much for performance, its also a pretty old tire design.

Since im not sure exactly which size and therefore which tire your talking about Ill cover the other to.

HTR Z II, ran these and HATED them, no traction, didnt last very long, horrible in rain, also didnt ride very well. My least favorite tire Ive ever used.

HTR Z III, still running this tire and love it. Perform and drive well, quiet and Im happy with the life of it for its performance. (Not all sumis are trash, just ask tire rack, they like this one to)

Continental, again which tire are you talking about. There is more than one Extreme Contact, heard good things about the DW but no personal experience so I dont know about this one.
Yeah, sorry about the size I put, I kinda messed up the thread....
But I was looking at the Continental DW in 285/40/17

I'm leaning toward the 335/35/17 Kumho Ecsta XS....theyre only $222 ea.
Old 01-12-2012 | 12:18 AM
On The Tree

I'm running the Continental Extreme Contact DW in a 275/40-17. I like them. They stick well for me and they're pretty predictable. They drive well in the rain too. Ride is very comfortable and confident and they're pretty quiet, in my opinion. I found out they do make a 315 in it too, but I don't see it available anywhere. Saw it on their site.
Old 01-12-2012 | 01:15 AM
11 Second Club

at 164 a piece the continentals are the better tire hands down just read the reviews on tirerack,im going with them also.
Old 01-12-2012 | 07:03 AM
Captain Double Post

sumoetumos are not that bad, but i would go with the other brand

Quick Reply: Sumitomo HTRZ Vs. Continental Extreme Contact