Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

BFG G-Force TA KDW - Traditional Tread

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default BFG G-Force TA KDW - Traditional Tread

Well, it came time for me to purchase (2) new tires recently, and upon starting my research on prices, I came to find out that they're no longer making these tires in the 275/40 ZR17 sizes. Because of that, I'm left with two options: purchasing (2) tires with a different tread, or purchasing (4) with a different tread.

My question is this: what would (2) 275/40 ZR17 BFG G-Force TA KDW's in the traditional tread pattern be worth that only have 8400 miles on them? i do not see any evidence of cracking or unnecessary wear on them. Until recently, the car was a weekender, and was rarely driven. I need to replace my fronts, but my rears were purchased on 4/5/2008 when the SS had 56222 miles on it. The SS now has 646XX on it, which is my dilemma. Discount Tire said that they're prorate the rears on the purchase of new tires, but that it might only cover (1) new tire. Doesn't sound like the best deal to me.

Thanks for the help guys. All comments appreciated. I think I know what I want my new tires to be, just need to figure out the best way to purchase them. Thanks for reading the long message.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well if they say they will use your two tires for one of your new ones, think like this. if your buying a 250 tire it would be worth it because youll prolly only get 200 bucks selling them on the internet.

i have the same set of tires for sale for about a month and only one person interested in them for 250 bucks for 2 and they have under 6k miles on them. but i can use the tires on my ccw that i just got

hope this help at all...
Old 01-21-2012, 10:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry so long to reply, been a rough week at the office and traveling. Thanks for the response, that helps out. Gonna see about getting (4) new tires ordered today, just have to figure out which ones. I'll just let Discount deal with the old ones.