Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Fikse or iForge

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 07:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wicked,
I don't think anybody here "hates" Fikse. I think most understand that they are high quality. For me its exactly like Tony described. I'm not necessarily looking for a bigger wheel, but to me the Fikses always look like they have a disproportionately small center piece. It makes the wheel look like there's "too much metal" or "too much border" around the center piece - that's about the best way I can describe it.
Old 03-19-2004, 08:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
18" fikses look like crap IMHO, they use the same small centers as the 17s and just have a BIGGER step on the lip. Yuck
Not totally true.

The Classic Line, yes.

The Profil Line, no.

I beleive it all comes down to two issues. Price and Look. How much do you want to spend and whet kind of look are you going for?
Old 03-19-2004, 12:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Iforged Aeros in 18 or Fikse FM5s full polish......its a toss up.......
Old 03-19-2004, 02:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had wanted the FM5s since '99 when I saw them on the GM hightech Thunderchicken car. Then about a month before I ordered my Fikses I saw the Iforged Aeros. I loved them and thought the lip had a much cleaner/classier look to it.
However three things turned me off of the Aeros 1) They didn't show a 17" size on their webpage and I don't want to buy 18" tires. 2)The rivets would be a PITA 3) The customer service issues really turned me off, I was hearing that people sent in their money and never got their wheels and all sorts of wild stories. In the end I went with the Fikse's because they had been my choice for so long. Good luck and I am sure whatever you decide you will end up happy.

BTW Tony- People have asked me if my Fikse's are 18's.
Old 03-19-2004, 08:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
The difference between "soft" lips and stepped lips is that the actual face of a soft lip wheel is a bigger diameter. I have 17s on my '69 Camaro, but with the soft lips the faces look like 18s. Most people think they are 18s. Fikse still uses the old fashioned stepped lip, therefore a smaller diameter face.

Notice how the face of a Fikse wheel does not go all the way out to the diameter of the outer ring? http://www.fikse.com/fm5.html

Notice how the face of this iForged wheel goes all the way out, with no "hump/step" on the lip: http://www.itlxlr8.homestead.com/files/18.JPG

If you look closely on the iForged wheel, the hump is in the backside of the wheel, allowing for a larger front face to be used. They look BIGGER
I know that link............. ..... Thats my car.... I love the lip...Another name is a True face wheel, wich means the face of the wheel is 18 od so inches. Just like tony said they look so much bigger with a straight lip like that.... The only problem with 18's is NO Traction.......... Im going to go with a set of 17X8 and 17X10 and stuff a 315/35 on there and be happy now......
You can get the wheels with out the rivits...... the rivits are an option that you have to add and pay for..... i believe its either $25 or $50 more a wheel... Just like paying more like i did for the fully polished barrles........
So it will be 17's this time no rivits (a bitch to clean around), fully polshed barrels again and a 3" lip out back.........
Oh and pics to not do these rims or Fikse justice......i hated Fikse wheels until i saw them in person.
Kyle
Old 09-12-2004, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I ordered my I forged aero wheels on the 10th of June and they were shipped out last Wed, so i have been told.

I think the Fikse wheels are nice but have a dated look to them. The I forged wheels are the only way to go in my oppinion.