Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Ordered My New Wheels/Tires..Pics Inside

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 02:55 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ordered My New Wheels/Tires..Pics Inside

I'd been considering getting some nice street rims/tires for the car since I get sick of running around on slicks and skinnies all the time. Got caught in the rain once already this season and didn't enjoy the very slow and hairy ride home. So today I picked up these from our sponsor Discount Tire Direct..dealt with Todd's co worker Kevin over there who was very helpful and cut me a great deal with everything needed shipped to my door.

Boyd Coddinton 17X9.5 Shysters..fully polished with chrome lugnuts, etc.
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...odeIndex=76432

They are mounting and balancing Nitto Drag Radials, 275/40/17's on the rears for me and I have some F1's laying around I'm going to put on the fronts. I was going to put a street tire on the back,too but street tires get a little scary with my car when I feel like hitting the go pedal down and Kevin cut me a nice deal on the Nittos mounted and balanced.
Here is my car, I think these will look nice..and I'm keeping the prostar setup for track use only now

They'll be here early next week, let me know what you think..I don't think I've seen anyone with these rims on the boards or in person yet, I got the last set they had in stock,too.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those wheels are cool. I was thinking about getting them. Post pics when you get them.

P.S I think tbryrne motorsports had them cheaper than you bought them.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:29 PM
Motorboater

I didn't pay the full price on there...the price also included shipping, mounting and balancing of the nittos and chrome lugnuts.

it was a good deal
Old 03-24-2004, 03:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Not bad looking......
Old 03-24-2004, 06:08 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the style, can't wait to see what they look like on the car. Good choice.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:25 PM
Staging Lane

I too am/was in the market for some new rims. I also looked @ the shyster rims.
I was torn between the Shyster and the Smoothie II's.
In the end and after looking @ a 1000 real life pixx and photoshop pixx, I decided to go with the Smoothie II's. I had a hard time deciding on the two when one of the dudes @ tirediscounters suggested that the Shyster looked too "ricey". That was all that I needed to here especially from a professional tire dealer.
I got a killer deal from T-Byrne. No sponsor on this board or the internet could come even remotely close to their price. I am talking a few hundred Franklins including mounting, balancing, locking lug package and even shipping.
My new wheels 17x10's all around with Kumho's 712's, should be here by end of week.
There was a dude with a black T/A on here that was running Shyster's. That is how I found out about the Shyster's last summer.
I hope your new rims will work for you.
Good luck.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:22 AM
Motorboater

I hear ya, I too was looking at the smoothies but I decided against them because they are kind of overdone as far as boyd coddington's go..seems like everyone i've ever seen with coddington's on an f body has smoothies.

i think if my car had stock paint job i would go with smoothies, i just am visualizing a nice effect with these rims with my flames and what not. my general wheels preference is for a more exposed design anyway..looks like I'll need to get to work trying to make my extremely hacked up calipers(for Prostar fitment) look halfway decent..can't just replace them because the car will still see the prostars fairly often for track trips.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Glad we could help!
Old 04-25-2004, 09:48 PM
Teching In

Man those wheels look pretty trick, but the paint job is over the top!