Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Perfect wheel dressing combo? I think so!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My concern with that being in a spray can is getting all over my paint and wheels. I'll keep an eye on this thread and see how long this stuff lasts before I pick some up.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01M6TA
sorry not to jack but that muffler looks really low.
Ya I noticed that too just been to lazy to fix it.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dabest09
My concern with that being in a spray can is getting all over my paint and wheels. I'll keep an eye on this thread and see how long this stuff lasts before I pick some up.
It sprays on yes, but comes off like rubber cement. I've got some on my wheel wells when spraying on, but isn't a big deal. I even considered spraying ALL of the wheels too to get that glossy black.

In fact, I've contemplated spraying it over the front end of my car as a temporary bug/rock shield. Similar to this stuff. You can tell there is a lil bit of build up on the tire in the first post. Next wash, I'll try a spot on my bumper (which is pretty fubar'd already) & I live near bug suicide central.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chadroosa
one negative with it... did my trailblazer this morning outside being windy, all kinds of dust and crap stuck to them and dried on lol did my camaro in garage works great....
I did mention the dust sticking in the first post. I think after a day or two, you could probably wipe it off.

It's supposed to rain all week here. I haven't had a chance to get the 2nd week result pics.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Not a fan of the gloss look myself. I'm like CamaroSS27 and prefer a quality satin look product like PERL or Zaino Z16 (I use Z16 myself with great results, and so does GoFast908Z).

Interesting to note that it hardens into a plastic cement consistency. I may have to buy some just to test it out on trim pieces and see how much dust/dirt/grime it attracts vs. Z16.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZexGX
Not a fan of the gloss look myself. I'm like CamaroSS27 and prefer a quality satin look product like PERL or Zaino Z16 (I use Z16 myself with great results, and so does GoFast908Z).

Interesting to note that it hardens into a plastic cement consistency. I may have to buy some just to test it out on trim pieces and see how much dust/dirt/grime it attracts vs. Z16.
I like the satin look of Z16 also. And if you let it dry, it doesn't sling either.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not a big fan of a high gloss look on the tires. For one, they usually sling. Two, if you said its like rubber cement it can't be too good for the tire. Also, usually the high gloss stuff collects dirt and dust causing the wet, black look to become brown. I have never heard of PERL until this thread and have never seem results from the Zaino, but my favorite tire dressing is Adam's Super VRT. Leaves the tires dark, not wet looking, and dries to the touch in a minute, doesn't collect dirt or dust, has zero sling, is water repellent, has a moisturizer, and has SPF 35. It's an awesome product and a little bit goes a long way.

To each his own though, and if you like this stuff, then continue to use it.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Hmm interesting..
Old 04-09-2012, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Those pics on the Z16 page look an awful lot like Furious's pictures. I might've put it on thick the first time, but after a week, mine look liks Furious's too. I'll take pictures after 2 weeks shortly.

It looks like it'd peel off like Elmers or rubber cement on your hand. At least it did on the spot that was peeling up on my tire. I rubbed it & it flaked off (can be seen in the video too, which should be uploaded on to YT).
Old 04-09-2012, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by egott_91
I'm not a big fan of a high gloss look on the tires. For one, they usually sling. Two, if you said its like rubber cement it can't be too good for the tire. Also, usually the high gloss stuff collects dirt and dust causing the wet, black look to become brown. I have never heard of PERL until this thread and have never seem results from the Zaino, but my favorite tire dressing is Adam's Super VRT. Leaves the tires dark, not wet looking, and dries to the touch in a minute, doesn't collect dirt or dust, has zero sling, is water repellent, has a moisturizer, and has SPF 35. It's an awesome product and a little bit goes a long way.

To each his own though, and if you like this stuff, then continue to use it.
This. I'm looking forward to using all the Adams stuff I bought this month!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LAYGO
Those pics on the Z16 page look an awful lot like Furious's pictures. I might've put it on thick the first time, but after a week, mine look liks Furious's too. I'll take pictures after 2 weeks shortly.

It looks like it'd peel off like Elmers or rubber cement on your hand. At least it did on the spot that was peeling up on my tire. I rubbed it & it flaked off (can be seen in the video too, which should be uploaded on to YT).
To get it as glossy as it is on the page, you'd need to do at least 3 WET coats. I only do 1-2 light coats and it comes out matte, dries in minutes, and doesn't sling or have a weird rubber cement look/feel to it. It even says on the product page from one of the reviewers "It does not make it look shiny like other products but enough to make it look new. Of course one can do more coats for greater shine."
Old 04-09-2012, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

To get it as glossy as it is on the page, you'd need to do at least 3 WET coats. I only do 1-2 light coats and it comes out matte, dries in minutes, and doesn't sling or have a weird rubber cement look/feel to it. It even says on the product page from one of the reviewers "It does not make it look shiny like other products but enough to make it look new. Of course one can do more coats for greater shine."
"LIKE" rubber cement, as in how it flaked/peeled up. Never said looks/feels "weird".

Bottom line (for me), I like the wet tire look WITH ZERO FLING & this accomplishes it for a long period.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2QuikTA
This. I'm looking forward to using all the Adams stuff I bought this month!
I haven't been disappointed with any of their products!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've seen the zaino perfect tire shine before and it looks really nice and doesn't collect dust.

I think I will try the Adam's products soon.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

its Carpro PERL autogeek sells it, its a new product and saw some great reviews on thier forum so I purchased it, works amazing, and best thing is you diluted it to what you want, for example you can use it on tires, trim and interior. Its very similar to adams and ziano stuff.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

I love how this thread just derailed into pushing other products.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

any one try to take this off yet... did mine awhile back now wanting to take it off... its a bitch
Old 05-11-2012, 04:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroSS27
dries in minutes, zero sling, is gives a deep black that last for weeks, and doesn't attract grim and dirt as it appears on your second picture. Much better than OTC products.

What size Are those TTM's??? They look Badass!!!
Old 04-07-2013, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I know this thread is over a year old, but I had to bump it up to give my testimonial. This stuff is fantastic! I used some for the first time on my Trans Am GTA about a month ago. Since then, my tires have been through 3 car washes, PLUS a moronic mechanic that stood on one of my coated tires to use as leverage while he was working on my car, and my tires STILL looks shiny! Thanks again to the original poster for starting this thread.

Old 10-25-2014, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

So, I got some brandest newest tires & put more on, still loving this stuff:

I must've not let it dry long enough & picked up some dust, but I took a moist terry cloth to it the next day & completely removed all the dust. Didn't affect the coat at all:

The prep to get that brown gunk off the tires. Like I said, I've had these tires on the car for 4 weeks before hitting it with the Black Tire Coat. This is before the tire cleaner, but after scrubbing it with a brush:

Hitting it with Turtle Wax Tire & Wheel Cleaner gets the brown stuff off easy:

You can see the brown coming up:

Steps I take to prep the wheel:
- While washing the car, hit the wheels with a scrub brush with car soap
- After I'm done drying the car, I hit it again with soapy water
- While still wet, spray the Turtle Wax cleaner
- I take this sponge & scrub good
- Rinse it clean, dry it off
- I hit the wheels first with the brake dust repellent
- Then I hit it with the Black Tire Coat

Still love the results. I told my best friend about it as I was watching him apply Armor All tire dressing to expect sling all over the side of the car. He had it & didn't like it when the dust stuck to the slung stuff on his white car. I told him to try this, he did. He still trips out there is no sling & so glossy wet looking.

Quick Reply: Perfect wheel dressing combo? I think so!