Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Powdercoated Fikse FM5 teaser

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 11:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by firefighter813x
This is going to look weird on a navy blue car....the red pinstripe kills it brother. Whoever painted/powdered those wheels blue should be banned from modding cars.

The polished finish would look 100000% better than the black and I am the biggest advocate of black wheels.

The red stripe would look great on any red, black or white car that had a few red accents. If the stripe matched the body color you'd be in business.
Couldnt agree more. I have an NBM car with the same wheels OP has on it now. Techni-polish finish with polished lips jut fit NBM so well. I would never put a black wheel on a navy blue car. Im still in for pictures though and would like to be proved wrong that it can look good, I wont totally knock it until I actually see it. Nothing wrong with going outside the box either..
Old 06-19-2012, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mac62989
Couldnt agree more. I have an NBM car with the same wheels OP has on it now. Techni-polish finish with polished lips jut fit NBM so well. I would never put a black wheel on a navy blue car. Im still in for pictures though and would like to be proved wrong that it can look good, I wont totally knock it until I actually see it. Nothing wrong with going outside the box either..
Agree with both comments. The technipolish is a really great finish and looks great against pretty much all colors. As far as putting the fm5's on this car while the car is nbm, my long tern goal is to repaint it. The paint is definitely a 10 footer. I may get my wish early since the car just got hit a few weeks ago.

I'm thinking matte silver or matte white for the car. My dad has an autobody and paint shop so the biggest roadblock is finding time.

and mac, when are you going to post some pictures of those fm10's you waited so long for!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Captain Double Post

Matte white would be bad ***
Old 06-20-2012, 04:25 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was a cool matte white GTO on their forum.. pretty cool. Go to the wheels section in 'tech and there's a Fikse wheel thread! OMG... the DSOM SS and hugger Camaros look SICK! There are a few NBM cars too...
Old 08-15-2012, 06:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Smile

The wheels look great has a mean nonsense race
Look to them

Who did you use to do the powder work?
Old 08-15-2012, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 69TA
The wheels look great has a mean nonsense race
Look to them

Who did you use to do the powder work?
Thanks. Unfortunately, I still haven't mounted them yet.

I had them done by http://www.thepowderpro.com/. He goes by SilverGhost on here and I believe is a sponsor.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think its been too long.. prob should sell them to me now..LOL cash in hand
j/k hope build is going well..
Old 08-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those look GREAT! x2 on them looking good on a white car! Gives me an idea
Old 08-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Launching!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TORK?
Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Yeah, I have a set of technipolish FM10 on the car right now. These were for sale in the parts forum for a long time. They were the nasty looking blue ones that no one wanted to buy. I picked them up, got a new inner hoop because one was cracked, bought new hoops to widen the rears to 11", and powdercoated them.

I'm not too sure either. This was kind of an experiment. They would look killer on a silver car!
Ohh man tell me if those in a Bronze without the red pin stripe will look good or in Grey/cyber grey will look good in my NBM WS-6
Attached Thumbnails Powdercoated Fikse FM5 teaser-dsc00871.jpg  
Old 08-16-2012, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

**** what people say its a wheel not a piece of gold. fikse are nice wheels but are becoming a me too wheel like c6's i like what you did its different. i think it looks better then a polished or brushed finish cant wait to see them mounted

Quick Reply: Powdercoated Fikse FM5 teaser