Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

275's, 315's, and 17x10.5 Deep Dish HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 275's, 315's, and 17x10.5 Deep Dish HELP

Ok guys here is the deal, I'm about to jump on a set of Torq Thrust M wheels which are 17x9 in the front with 275's which are fine, don't have a problem with those but I have questions about the rears that I need ya'll experienced wheel/tire members to help me out with.

The rears are deep dish 17x10.5, the backspacing is 7 and the offset is 44 or 45 I THINK

Currently the seller has Sumitomo 315's on those back wheels.

My car is a 1999 Firebird Formula at stock ride height with BMR LCA's (no relo brackets yet, those will come whenever I get a rear end).

I would really like to know if 275/40R17's can safely be run on the 17x10.5 deep dish rears first of all or if 275's would be stretched too far on that wheel and pics would be awesome as well as a yes or no answer.

Also, I would consider keeping 315's on the back to fill out the wheels a little bit better HOWEVER, I DO NOT want to remove the bumpstops. I can deal with a little hammering maybe, but thats it. Will 315's fit with no modification or very slight hammering based on stock ride height experiences?
Again, pics would also be helpful for visualization in addition to answers.

Also, anybody that has deep dish 10.5 TT's, they do clear the calipers correct?

I know some of this information is floating around the forum but I'd really like to collect it all in this thread for easy reference rather than sorting through all of the search results.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have TTII's in the 17x11 in the rear with 315's. In the rear, it seems to be hit/miss on who clears and who doesn't. I had a buddy that cleared with no issues, whereas I had to get an adj panhard bar to center it up enough to clear at stock ride height. Once I started lowering the car, I did clear some more room just to be safe, but I still have my bumpstops.

With mine, the only time any issues came up is when the rear axle is at full drop.

a 10.5 wheel should have .25" more room on the inside.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The TTMs will actually have a tad more than .25" of room over the TTIIs since their offset is an additional 6mm lower... more like a half inch

OP, you'll be fine - those wheels have a fbody specific offset and will clear the calipers with plenty of room. Like Blu99TA said, wheels that wide are hit or miss as far as the bumpstop but as long as you jack the rear at the axle or pumpkin, hitting the bumpstop wont be an issue
Old 05-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I bought my 30th, the back wheels were widen to 11s with a 1" spacer. Since is had lowering springs, the driverside tire would rub slightly. I bought a adjustable pan hard bar to center the rear. No problems since. At full axle drop will sit on the bump stops

Quick Reply: 275's, 315's, and 17x10.5 Deep Dish HELP